none
Making members for a distribution list as members of a set RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have a manually managed distribution group. I want its members to be autoamtically populated as members of a defined set dynamically. Can anyone help me in the same?

Dolly

Monday, December 1, 2014 10:44 AM

All replies

• I have tried a number of ways to do exactly this - and I've found the best way is to create a (multi-value reference) FIM metaverse/service property user.memberOf (since this virtual attribute isn't supported by the AD MA, only its inverse group.member) and load this via an LDAP query (since the LDAP interface DOES expose user.memberOf) using a secondary MA (PowerShell or text file/LDIF).  I have toyed with applying my idea of using the Replay MA for this, but in this particular case I get superior performance and reliability this way.  Use your existing AD MA to project both user and group objects onto the FIM metaverse, then join on something like DN or objectSID and import your user.memberOf collection from your secondary MA.

Bob Bradley (FIMBob @ TheFIMTeam.com) ... now using FIM Event Broker for just-in-time delivery of FIM 2010 policy via the sync engine, and continuous compliance for FIM

• Proposed as answer by UNIFYBobMVP Monday, December 1, 2014 11:59 AM
    Monday, December 1, 2014 11:59 AM
  • Hi,

You can write a request based MPR with custom Action workflow to Add/Remove members from set when the Manually Managed Members of the Group Change.

Thanks,

Venkatesh

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 9:28 AM