Analytics Server 6.3 Eval - Web Professional Installation RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Has anyone tried to install Web Professional from evaluation version of Analytics Server 6.3 Evaluation version available on MS download site. I am able to install Analytics Server itself from installation package but after attempt to install Web Professional nothing happens.

I tried to find WP installation .exe or .msi file but they doesn't seems to exists neither in installation directory nor in directory in which AS was installed.

Administrator guide states that i should click "check for downloads" link on proclarity server main page but after doing so a message appears that "
    There are no available components of this type".

I have Professional Desktop installed but it seems that installation files for WP are also not included there.

thanks in advance for any help

Friday, September 5, 2008 9:31 AM

Answers

• Hello again Wyot,

Interestingly enough, just as you suspected, the PAS eval version does not contain the Web Professional folder. I just compared an Eval against a full build and it is missing the client components, makes sense I guess. 

Amanda

Monday, September 8, 2008 11:35 PM

All replies

• Hello Woytas,

In order to publish the Web Pro component you'll need to right click the Components folder within the Admin Tool and choose 'New Component'.  Browse to the Web Professional.xml file (details for file locations can be found in the Admin Guide) and click OK.  Once that component has been successfully published to the PAS Server, you should be able to download from your client workstations. However, if you have Desktop installed you may not desire to install Web Pro, as they are essentially the same product except for the manner in which they are launched.  Desktop Pro places an icon on your Desktop, while Web Pro must be launched from your PAS website.

HTH,

Amanda

Friday, September 5, 2008 4:21 PM
  • Thanks for response Amanda,

According to Analytics Server Admin Tool help file WebProfessional.xml should be located in
    "Install\WebProfessional directory on the product CD". It appears that neither this file nor any webProfessional installation files are located in evaluation version of Proclarity Analytics Server (desktop professional installation package available for download on MS site also doesn't include those).

I could create this xml file on my own but my installation packages doesn't include ProclarityCtrls.exe which I presume is webprofessional installation launcher.

Is it possible that web professional is just not available for evaluation version of application?

best regards
    Woyt

Monday, September 8, 2008 8:23 AM
  • Hello again Wyot,

Interestingly enough, just as you suspected, the PAS eval version does not contain the Web Professional folder. I just compared an Eval against a full build and it is missing the client components, makes sense I guess. 

Amanda

Monday, September 8, 2008 11:35 PM