none
Can people select their approver? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Can a requester select which approver they wish the request to go to in the FIM Portal?

e.g. I would like my FIM Portal AD group membership request to go to one of the people in the drop-down-list or based on a people picker option.

Thanks,

SK

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 3:25 AM

Answers

• You have to do it yourself - it is not realizable with build-in MPRs and workflows.

Let's say that you want to pick an approver when user tries to change his middle name.

1. Extend FIM Service schema to have additional "Reference" attribute - for example "MiddleNameApprover".
    2. Add binding to Person for this MiddleNameApprover attribute. (Make sure to change RCDC to show this field for users and to change it to Identity Picker.)
    3. Create Authorization workflow with "ask for Approval" activity, where you point [//Target/MiddleNameApprover] as Approver.
    4. Create Granting-right Request MPR where Requestors are All People, Operation is "Modify a single-valued attribute" and where you pick only MiddleName attribute. Then Select previously created Authorization workflow.

Now you have custom with identity picker.

If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer.

• Marked as answer by Shim Kwan Wednesday, August 13, 2014 8:52 PM
    Tuesday, August 12, 2014 8:37 AM

All replies

• You have to do it yourself - it is not realizable with build-in MPRs and workflows.

Let's say that you want to pick an approver when user tries to change his middle name.

1. Extend FIM Service schema to have additional "Reference" attribute - for example "MiddleNameApprover".
    2. Add binding to Person for this MiddleNameApprover attribute. (Make sure to change RCDC to show this field for users and to change it to Identity Picker.)
    3. Create Authorization workflow with "ask for Approval" activity, where you point [//Target/MiddleNameApprover] as Approver.
    4. Create Granting-right Request MPR where Requestors are All People, Operation is "Modify a single-valued attribute" and where you pick only MiddleName attribute. Then Select previously created Authorization workflow.

Now you have custom with identity picker.

If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer.

• Marked as answer by Shim Kwan Wednesday, August 13, 2014 8:52 PM
    Tuesday, August 12, 2014 8:37 AM
  • Look forward to trying this out on a lab, thanks!
    Wednesday, August 13, 2014 8:52 PM