none
Need assistance on Microsoft 10 Pro on a security program RRS feed

• Question

• Good morning,

Since I am not able to use any of the features of Windows Hello on my Surface 3, I would like Microsoft to tell me how I to use BT Proxy (http://btprox.sourceforge.net/) to secure my device when my cellphone is away. 

To my understanding "C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe user32.dll,LockWorkStation" will execute a controlled lock, however this command does not appear to work directly with BT Proxy. So, how do I make this work? I only ask because you have my money.

Thank you

Tuesday, December 27, 2016 3:15 PM

All replies

• Am 27.12.2016 um 16:15 schrieb Thisisatestofthedisplaysystem:
    > C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe user32.dll,LockWorkStation

Try:
    cmd /c c:\windows\synative\rundll32.exe user32.dll,LockWorkStation

Or move your idea of "auto-lock" to the scheduler and run the command on
    an event. Take a look at the eventlog \Microsoft\Windows\Bluetooth to
    identify the ID of disconnecting the device.

Depsite of that I would not recomment to use bluetooth for lock down,
    just because the range of BT sending is to big.

Mark

--
    Mark Heitbrink - MVP Group Policy - Cloud and Datacenter Management

Homepage:  http://www.gruppenrichtlinien.de - deutsch

Tuesday, December 27, 2016 4:23 PM
  • Hi Thisisatestofthedisplaysystem,

"Since I am not able to use any of the features of Windows Hello on my Surface 3"
    Windows Hello feature is based on biometric. Only Surface Book or Surface Pro 4 supports this feature.

As for using BT Proxy. Considering BT Proxy is a third party product, we are not familiar with the it. It is recommended to ask for help from the third party support. They are more familiar with this product and they may have more resources to help you.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 6:01 AM
  • Thanks Mark. It would be nice if Microsoft could offer a cheap upgrade to allow older Surface tablets to become compatible with Windows Hello and use its features. I just need something I can automatically lock up when I'm "in-the-zone" and need to break without thinking.
    Friday, December 30, 2016 3:47 PM