none
Project Online and Internet Explorer 11 (Windows 8.1 RTM) RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi Everyone,

    I'm having an issue with Project Online and Internet Explorer 11 in that at least two PDPs do not work correctly.  The two pages that are giving me trouble are the Schedule PDP and the workflow status PDP.  This is the output from the developer console:

    It doesn't matter which Document Mode I choose: I still get errors or warnings and the Schedule Web part does not display, nor does the workflow visualisation or the workflow status grid.  I have also tried this on several different installations of 8.1 just in case, but to no avail.  My current contingency plan for this is to use a Windows 7 virtual machine that has IE 10 on it.  I have also experienced other anomalous behaviour on certain websites using IE 11, in particular connecting to a Citrix gateway Web page (the page does not render and I get different errors in the developer console).  As far as I can tell, I have not experienced any issues with SharePoint in the Office 365 environment.

    I have tested this against a Project Server 2013 on-premises installation and everything works as expected.

    Has anyone else experienced this behaviour or discovered a workaround?

    Chris

    Friday, October 11, 2013 2:51 PM

Answers

  • Okay, so I feel like a dope. Just change the User agent string field to something other than Default and then things will work. I could have sworn I checked that. Apparently not!

    You will have to leave the developer console (F12) open when accessing a page that is not compatible with native IE11, otherwise the setting returns to default.

    Saturday, October 12, 2013 10:28 PM

All replies

  • Project Server 2013 and Project Web App support the same browsers as SharePoint Server 2013, and I don't think IE11 is supported yet, hence you would see problems


    Thanks | Sunil Kr Singh | http://epmxperts.wordpress.com

    Friday, October 11, 2013 3:40 PM
  • Hi,

    Thanks for the response.  My question was regarding Project Online's difficulties with IE11.  Because the on-premises version works fine, this implies the HTML used for Project Online vs. on-premises is different.  The heart of the matter is if this is an issue with IE11's rendering engine or if it's some malformed code on the Web pages that Project Online uses.

    Since IE11 will be widely available in Windows 8.1 and, eventually, Windows 7, this could affect a significant audience.

    Friday, October 11, 2013 6:33 PM
  • Hi Chris

    I do hear you, but still remeber there might be patch vs service pack level deifference between on premise vs online and we know online is kept upto date, also there might be different settings which might be impacting online / onprem and hence you are observing different behaviour 

    And i am sure once product team announces IE11 supported, it would work for On prem as well as online, but till the time it's not supported we will have to wait   


    Thanks | Sunil Kr Singh | http://epmxperts.wordpress.com

    Friday, October 11, 2013 6:48 PM
  • Okay, so I feel like a dope. Just change the User agent string field to something other than Default and then things will work. I could have sworn I checked that. Apparently not!

    You will have to leave the developer console (F12) open when accessing a page that is not compatible with native IE11, otherwise the setting returns to default.

    Saturday, October 12, 2013 10:28 PM