Is it possible to program deployment of PerformancePoint Dashboard to Sharepoint Site? RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to program deployment of PerformancePoint Dashboard to Sharepoint Site? if yes, can you please provide reference to do this?

Thanks!
    Lalli
    Sunday, July 26, 2009 3:15 AM

All replies

• Hello Lalli,

Would it be possible to get more information from you?  I am wondering what you mean by 'program deployment of PerformancePoint Dashboard to SharePoint'.  Do you mean the ability to publish dashboards automatically to SharePoint?  You looking for a mass installation of PerformancePoint Dashboard to SharePoint servers?

It would be great if you could provide a little more detail on what exactly you are trying to accomplish.

Thanks
    Heidi
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 6:29 PM
  • Hello Heidi,

Thanks for your reply!

We want to automate deployment of PerformancePoint Dashboard pages to SharePoint site library. I am looking for ability to deploy dashboard pages to sharepoint site collection programmatically.

We have several clients.  For each client, we have a PPS dashboard (with serveral pages) published on same PPS Monitoring server and for each client, we have a seperate SharePoint site collection.  We want to deploy these dashboards to their own site programmatically.

As part of deployment automation, we have already completed the following  (For each client, on the same Front End Server with Sharepoint, PPS)
    - Create site collection with security for each client  (using custom site collection template for dummy client)
    - Create PPS Workspace with unique GUIDs for each client (using PPS workspace template for dummy client)
    - Publish PPS workspace to Monitoring server for each client
    This final step is Pending:
    - Deploy PPS Dashboard Pages from PPS Monitoring server to the SharePoint Site collection Library for each client. This is where I do not know how to do and hence this question. any suggestion or recommendation on this?

Thank you,
    Lalli

• Edited by Lalli B. _ Thursday, August 6, 2009 10:46 PM
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 7:13 PM
  • Hello Heidi,

Do you have any suggestion/recommendation on the question above?

Thanks,
    Lalli
    • Proposed as answer by Abbas Gates Tuesday, November 10, 2009 11:52 PM
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 10:45 PM
  • Hello Hoeidi,
    Yes you can deploy PPS Programmatically to sharepoint.

But this requires some modifications of the PPS aspx Pages to be available to sharepoint.

Can you please provide me on how to publish the PPS Workspace programatically to the monitoring server.

Thanks in advance.
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 11:54 PM