Cant save files RRS feed

• Question

• Whenever I am using a program from Microsoft office or just downloading a file online I cant save it. Whenever I type in name I want to give to the file im downloading it always says file doesn't exist like i'm opening a file. I have already checked and it is not trying to open the file it says save as.
    Saturday, May 15, 2010 11:23 PM

Answers

• Hi Jacob,

When did the issue first occur? If the issue occurred recently, try System Restore to see if it can be resolved after restoring the system to the date before the issue first occurred.

If the issue persists, please open Internet Explorer (IE) and then go to My SkyDrive and click Download to see if the picture can be downloaded properly.

If this does not work either, it is recommended perform a full scan of the system using anti-virus and ant-spyware software to check the result.

If there is no suspicious item found, access Clean Boot to check the issue. If the issue disappears in the Clean Boot environment, you can continue to narrow down which entry is causing the issue.

Also, reset IE by the steps below:

Note: the following steps will remove all of installed add-ons and reset IE to default settings. We need to reinstall the add-ons after resetting.

1.     Click "Start", type "inetcpl.cpl" (without quotation marks) into “Search” bar and press "Enter" to open the “Internet Options” window.

2.     Switch to the "Advanced" tab.

3.     Click "Reset…" to reset Internet Explorer settings.

4.     Check "Delete personal settings" box and click "Reset" to confirm the operation.

5.     Click "Close" when the resetting process is complete.

6.     Close the Internet Explorer window and restart IE to check the issue.

For more information about how to troubleshoot the Internet Explorer 8 issue, please refer to the following article:

You cannot view, access, or load some Web pages when you use Internet Explorer 8

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967897

If the issue still exists, you can create a new user account to check this issue.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Friday, May 21, 2010 1:50 AM
    Monday, May 17, 2010 8:18 AM