none
Favorites/bookmark Bar Folders RRS feed

• Question

• Using Internet Explorer in Windows 8.1.  Why do I have to click on a folder to close it and click on another folder to open it, to many clicks of the mouse.  In Firefox 24 and Google Chrome 30, when you click and open a folder, you can just slide the mouse over the other folders and they will open when you hover over them with the mouse.

Henry

• Edited by Hewjr100 Saturday, October 19, 2013 5:55 PM
    Saturday, October 19, 2013 5:52 PM

Answers

• Hi Henry,

This is default behavior by design. Thank you for your feedback regarding our products.

We are striving to capture any and all product feedback so as to ensure that we are continuously developing Microsoft products to meet our customers' needs. This is exactly why feedback such as yours is always valued. And I hope your concern can be addressed with a new service pack or a new Windows version in the near feature.

If you want to report a feedback to Microsoft. I would like to share the link below with you.

https://connect.microsoft.com/

Meanwhile, I will forward this issue to the development team as well.

Thank you for your support and appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Blair Deng

Blair Deng

TechNet Community Support

Monday, October 21, 2013 9:25 AM

All replies

• Hi Henry,

This is default behavior by design. Thank you for your feedback regarding our products.

We are striving to capture any and all product feedback so as to ensure that we are continuously developing Microsoft products to meet our customers' needs. This is exactly why feedback such as yours is always valued. And I hope your concern can be addressed with a new service pack or a new Windows version in the near feature.

If you want to report a feedback to Microsoft. I would like to share the link below with you.

https://connect.microsoft.com/

Meanwhile, I will forward this issue to the development team as well.

Thank you for your support and appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Blair Deng

Blair Deng

TechNet Community Support

Monday, October 21, 2013 9:25 AM
  • you can just slide the mouse over the other folders and they will open when you hover over them with the mouse.

IE will do that for you if you are dragging something to it or its subfolders.  <eg>

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 4:39 AM
    Answerer