Airplane mode & Screen Brightness RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When i turn on airplane mode in my lenovo thinkpad helix it increases the screen brightness.

Now this is really annoying as i can see no reason for airplane mode on/off to have anything to do with screen brightness.

Has anyone come across this issue? How to prevent airplane mode from messing my screen brightness?

Thanks.

Dilshad.

Tuesday, September 30, 2014 4:51 PM

Answers

• screen brightness is usually just a power setting.  Just to clarify:  you are using the machine and it is fine but when you switch on airplane mode the screen goes brighter?  I would take a look at your power settings in Control Panel to see if there is something that makes the screen brighter when network connections are shut off. There power settings in "Control Panel -> Power Options -> Advanced Settings" for wireless adapters and that can switch the power plan and thus the affected screen brightness

Garth Gorling, MCSA Windows 7

• Marked as answer by Dilshadk Saturday, October 4, 2014 5:00 AM
    Tuesday, September 30, 2014 5:47 PM

All replies

• screen brightness is usually just a power setting.  Just to clarify:  you are using the machine and it is fine but when you switch on airplane mode the screen goes brighter?  I would take a look at your power settings in Control Panel to see if there is something that makes the screen brighter when network connections are shut off. There power settings in "Control Panel -> Power Options -> Advanced Settings" for wireless adapters and that can switch the power plan and thus the affected screen brightness

Garth Gorling, MCSA Windows 7

• Marked as answer by Dilshadk Saturday, October 4, 2014 5:00 AM
    Tuesday, September 30, 2014 5:47 PM
  • Hi Dilshad

You need check if this issue occurs in diagnostic mode, some third-party application would bring additional control function to your computer.

To eliminate the software conflicts, open msconfig.exe:

Alex Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Cloud_TS Wednesday, October 1, 2014 10:42 AM
    Wednesday, October 1, 2014 10:41 AM
  • Garth,

Thanks..!!

It turns out airplane mode is just another power plan with its own display settings.

Cheers.

Dilshad.

Saturday, October 4, 2014 5:02 AM
  • However, it seems impossible to turn that off. You can change the screen brightness target value, but you cannot turn the change of screen brightness off. 
    Tuesday, January 23, 2018 9:40 AM