Create Virtual Package of Sage 50 Accounting US Edition and publish it on XenApp Box RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have sequenced/created virtual package of Sage 50 Accounting US Edition successfully and published the same on XenApp Box with powershell command:

Add-appvclientpackage -path sage.appv|mount |publish

The entire package got placed in xenapp box under the directory programdata and shortcuts on the desktops.

while launching sage 50 accounting it says:

————————— Sage 50 Accounting ————————— Sage 50 cannot open this company. The most common cause for this error is that an old version of Btrieve is running. For detailed instructions about correcting this problem, please click the Help button below. ————————— OK Help —————————

Is there anything that I need to do after creating virtual package such as:

Adding a path to the Exclusion list,

(in case of quick books we do add C:\users\administrator\appdata\local\micsoft then only quick books will launch successfully)

or

Removing a path from the Exclusion list. Etc,

Please let me have correct and clear steps to sequence Sage 50 Accounting US Edition and publish the same on XenApp and launch successfully.

Thank you

Prakash

• Moved by Aaron.ParkerModerator Friday, June 27, 2014 2:26 AM Please don't post questions to the App-V Recipes forum
    Thursday, June 26, 2014 2:41 PM

All replies

• Searching for 'appv sage 5' returned:

http://www.appvirtguru.com/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7974

Falko

Twitter @kirk_tn   |   Blog kirxblog   |   Web kirx.org   |   Fireside appvbook.com

Friday, June 27, 2014 8:48 AM
  • Hello, we have managed to sequence 2013 with App-v 5 sp2 hotfix 4. You need hotfix 4 for this to work.

I have a case open with Microsoft at the moment with a problem with Sage 2014. I cannot get this to work, it sequences all fine but then cannot be loaded onto a client.

Friday, June 27, 2014 1:30 PM
  • If you happen to be success please let me have the procedure

Thank you

Friday, June 27, 2014 5:18 PM
  • Hi Ian,

Please share the solution with if microsoft provides you with adjustments/workarounds.

Thank you

Monday, June 30, 2014 12:47 PM
  • The solution reported by IanC97 to have worked in this thread was to delete the SBDDesktop.exe.config file per the suggestion of Microsoft Support.

Brandon
    MDOP on the Springboard Series on TechNet

• Proposed as answer by znack Thursday, August 7, 2014 4:08 PM
    Thursday, August 7, 2014 3:05 PM
  • Hello, sorry I had responded on another post. Brandon is correct, Microsoft found that deleting the SBDDesktop.exe.config file would fix our problem with the application not launching.

I don't know if this relates to your problem around companies. The only issues I've seen with companies is when the company has been created using an older version. You should be able to upgrade your company to be compatible with your version.

• Proposed as answer by IanC97 Friday, August 8, 2014 8:20 AM
    Friday, August 8, 2014 8:20 AM