Lync 2013 and Analog Extension or Fax RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

We have a customer with E1 trunk connected to Sonus as Gateway and --> SIP--> to Lync 2013 Server,

I have already configured FXS ports on the sonus as Analog extension and have defined the same as Analog ext at Lync 2013 powershell as well,

I Followed the great article written on this subject by some real kind soul,

https://thamaraw.com/2014/07/15/configure-analogue-extensions-on-sonus-sbc-to-work-with-lync-server-2013/

I have the below scenario

1) Lync Ext calling -> Analog Ext (Working)

2) Analog Ext Calling -> Lync Ext (Working)

3) Any External calls to Analog extension - Working (Sonus is Directly Re-routing the call to FXS port) - ( Is this Best Practice ?)

4) For FXS port trying to dial out should I create a Route from CAS to ISDN or Should the call be routed via Lync/SFB,

I read the below arcticle which talks about calls from Analog ext being monitored and controlled via Lync,

https://greiginsydney.com/configuring-lync-for-analog-extensions-2/

Please help and advise.

Thanks and Regards,

Hasan Reza.

Wednesday, June 1, 2016 10:31 AM

Answers

• Hi,

"3) Any External calls to Analog extension - Working (Sonus is Directly Re-routing the call to FXS port) - ( Is this Best Practice ?)"

Base on my understanding, both way are work. If you choose Sonus direct re-route call to FXS port, then the call will direct to the analog extension without through Lync Server. If you choose external call to Lync Server first, then Lync Server will send the call to analog extension as well.

"4) For FXS port trying to dial out should I create a Route from CAS to ISDN or Should the call be routed via Lync/SFB"

In my opinion, both ways should be configured. So that the all incoming\outgoing calls will be routed succesfuuly.

Best Regards 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Liinus Thursday, June 2, 2016 11:19 AM
    • Marked as answer by Eason Huang Thursday, June 23, 2016 2:45 AM
    Thursday, June 2, 2016 2:48 AM

All replies

• Hi,

"3) Any External calls to Analog extension - Working (Sonus is Directly Re-routing the call to FXS port) - ( Is this Best Practice ?)"

Base on my understanding, both way are work. If you choose Sonus direct re-route call to FXS port, then the call will direct to the analog extension without through Lync Server. If you choose external call to Lync Server first, then Lync Server will send the call to analog extension as well.

"4) For FXS port trying to dial out should I create a Route from CAS to ISDN or Should the call be routed via Lync/SFB"

In my opinion, both ways should be configured. So that the all incoming\outgoing calls will be routed succesfuuly.

Best Regards 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Liinus Thursday, June 2, 2016 11:19 AM
    • Marked as answer by Eason Huang Thursday, June 23, 2016 2:45 AM
    Thursday, June 2, 2016 2:48 AM
  • Dear Eason,

you are always very kind to answer my queries , however I have a few more concerns that I shall update by today after office hrs,

Regards,

Hasan Reza,

Thursday, June 2, 2016 11:21 AM