none
MIM 2016 - Oracle HCM Cloud Integration - RestApi RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

With one of our client we are working on integrating MIM 2016 with Oracle HCM Cloud using Rest API. I have recently worked on integrating MIM with ServiceNow and I was able to pull the user records. I used the same ECMA 2.0 code to integrate with ORACLE HCM CLOUD but I am getting Object not set to an instance of an object when I run FULL Import.

I am using https://<host>.<host>/hcmCoreApi/resources/latest/emps to connect to ORACLE HCM Cloud. I observed one thing, when I browsed the SERVICENOW RestApi in IE it works fine and exports the data on to the browser it self but when I execute that of ORACLE HCM it exports the data to a file and gives a popup ti save the file.

I am using the code from below link for building ECMA 2.0 connector for ORACLE HCM Cloud. The Error Object reference is being thrown at Line:124 in below Link.

http://a-zenith.blogspot.in/2016/09/mim-2016-fim-service-now-ma.html

I have changed the attributes to those that I want but still I am getting Error "stopped-extension-dll-exception" with below eventlog entries..., 

The extensible extension returned an unsupported error.
     The stack trace is:

"System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at FimSync_Ezma.EzmaExtension.GetImportEntries(GetImportEntriesRunStep importRunStep) in c:\Users\admin\Documents\Oracle HCMExtension\Oracle HCMExtension.cs:line 121
    Forefront Identity Manager 4.3.1935.0"

Any help Appreciated. Thanks.

Regards, Chandan

• Edited by Chandan19 Tuesday, March 27, 2018 5:56 AM
    Monday, March 26, 2018 5:17 PM

Answers

• Hi Chandan,

You'll need to check your code at line 121 and determine why an object there is null.

Br,

Leo

Did my post help? Please use "Vote As Helpful", "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer". Thank you!

• Marked as answer by Chandan19 Tuesday, March 27, 2018 8:51 AM
    Tuesday, March 27, 2018 8:34 AM

All replies

• Hi Chandan,

You'll need to check your code at line 121 and determine why an object there is null.

Br,

Leo

Did my post help? Please use "Vote As Helpful", "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer". Thank you!

• Marked as answer by Chandan19 Tuesday, March 27, 2018 8:51 AM
    Tuesday, March 27, 2018 8:34 AM
  • Hi Leo,

Yes, I found out my mistake in coding.. I could fix it. Thanks for responding.

Regards, Chandan

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 8:51 AM
  • Hi Leo,

I need your help. I am currently working on integrating Oracle HCM Cloud with MIM.

Could you please let me know which one to use, SOAP or REST?

Could you share any documents or the integration strategy which you have used in the past?

THanks

Wednesday, October 2, 2019 2:57 PM
  • Hi,

Please create a new thread.

But to answer your question: the last integration I made was with REST, and I also recommend to use REST for new integrations.

Unfortunately, I cannot release any documents, but the Oracle HCM Cloud REST API is _very_ well documented, so I expect you'll have no problem integrating with it.

Br,

Leo

Did my post help? Please use "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer". Thank you!

Thursday, October 3, 2019 6:44 AM
  • Thanks Leo!

Could you just provide the link for the Oracle HCM Cloud REST API link. Do you mind atleast sharing the architecture diagram so that I can use it as reference.

Thanks

Thursday, October 3, 2019 1:59 PM
  • Hi,

Sure:

https://www.google.se/search?q=oracle+hcm+rest

Br

Leo

Did my post help? Please use "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer". Thank you!

Monday, October 7, 2019 12:00 PM
  • Thanks Leo!

Also could you please share the architecture diagram just to understand the entire process flow. That would be of a great help!

Thanks again!

Thursday, October 24, 2019 7:03 PM