Group chat for Skype Business RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys,

So I work in the Servicedesk at a company that supports the infrastructure of a lot of car dealerships.

We basically provide every IT component they need; PCs, switches, printers etc.

We also have a set of technicians that basically spend all their working days driving from location to location fixing/setting up stuff. If they need to get a hold of us(Servicedesk), they have to call our regular line. Even though they have priority, it can take them a long time to get through. Now, I've been tasked with setting up some kind of group(chat), where the technicians can basically let us know they need some help, and we can call them back whenever our current call is done.

We've just started using Office 365, so we're talking Skype for Business here. What I'm envisioning is some kind of group, that every groupmember automatically logs into, whenever they log on Skype. Whatever is written there, can be seen by all, and whomever is available to help the technician can just post so in the chat. I've been googling for a while, came across something called Skype Manager, but that doesn't seem to be for Skype for Business. Also, in the skype admin part of portal.office.com I can't seem to see any settings, or ways to create this?

Have you guys got any good ideas? :)

Friday, October 6, 2017 10:55 AM

Answers

• What you're referring to is called Persistent Chat and it's only available if you have a Skype for Business on-prem environment, not O365. A better solution might be to setup a call queue with a separate number that only the techs know, or you could setup a shared mailbox that you and your teammates have access to and the techs can email in to that mailbox when they need help.
    Friday, October 6, 2017 2:50 PM

All replies

• What you're referring to is called Persistent Chat and it's only available if you have a Skype for Business on-prem environment, not O365. A better solution might be to setup a call queue with a separate number that only the techs know, or you could setup a shared mailbox that you and your teammates have access to and the techs can email in to that mailbox when they need help.
    Friday, October 6, 2017 2:50 PM
  • Thanks a lot for your quick response :)
    Sunday, October 8, 2017 6:30 PM
  • Hi Daniel_Petersen,

Some features--such as Response Groups, Group Call Pickup, and Call Park, group chat--are offered only for on-premises users.

I will share a document about call queue for your reference
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Create-a-Phone-System-call-queue-67ccda94-1210-43fb-a25b-7b9785f8a061

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 9, 2017 1:51 AM