sharePoint 2013 logo RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

i have a SharePoint 2013 Site collection and subsites in it and i changed the logo in SharePoint now when we click on the logo in any od the subsites i am not able to go back to the top level site instead it is taking me to the subsite

i need to go back to the top level site any idea.

Alen Austin

Friday, March 1, 2013 9:01 AM

Answers

• Here's some sample code from one of our SP2013 master pages that links back to the root of the site collection:

<div class="customHeader">
    <!-- link back to homepage, SiteLogoImage gets replaced by the Site Icon, you can hard code this so that its not overridden by the Site Icon or even remove -->
    <div class="customLogo">
    						<SharePoint:AjaxDelta ID="Custom_Logo" BlockElement="true" runat="server">
    	<SharePoint:SPLinkButton runat="server" NavigateUrl="~sitecollection/">
    	<SharePoint:SiteLogoImage ID="x63829de2201a4365a3904788f682d0a3" LogoImageUrl="&lt;% $SPUrl:~sitecollection/_catalogs/masterpage/logo.png %&gt;" AlternateText="Back to Home" runat="server" />
    	</SharePoint:SPLinkButton>
    	</SharePoint:AjaxDelta>
    </div>

John Ross
    SharePoint Server MVP | Sr. Consultant Rackspace: SharePoint Consulting
    Blog: http://johnrossjr.wordpress.com
    Twitter: @JohnRossJr

SharePoint 2013 Branding and User Interface Design
    Professional SharePoint 2010 Branding and User Interface Design (Wrox Programmer to Programmer)

• Marked as answer by Emir Liu Tuesday, April 2, 2013 6:54 AM
    Friday, March 1, 2013 2:13 PM
  • Hi Alen,

What do you see when you do a mouse over (on mouse over image shows up the redirect entity) on the image within your site? Does it show up the name of the subsite?

Ideally, on clicking the image the default redirect is the home page of the site. Can you check within SharePoint designer if the default page on the subsite is currently set as the Home Page? If yes, then navigate to all files within your site and set the default.aspx (or any other landingpage) as your Home Page. This should take care of the issue.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Vishal

Friday, March 1, 2013 9:41 AM

All replies

• Hi Alen,

What do you see when you do a mouse over (on mouse over image shows up the redirect entity) on the image within your site? Does it show up the name of the subsite?

Ideally, on clicking the image the default redirect is the home page of the site. Can you check within SharePoint designer if the default page on the subsite is currently set as the Home Page? If yes, then navigate to all files within your site and set the default.aspx (or any other landingpage) as your Home Page. This should take care of the issue.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Vishal

Friday, March 1, 2013 9:41 AM
  • Moderators,

Please move this thread to SharePoint 2010 sections.

Sekar - Our life is short, so help others to grow

Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click "Alternate TextVote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click "Alternate TextMark As Answer

Friday, March 1, 2013 11:14 AM
  • Here's some sample code from one of our SP2013 master pages that links back to the root of the site collection:

<div class="customHeader">
    <!-- link back to homepage, SiteLogoImage gets replaced by the Site Icon, you can hard code this so that its not overridden by the Site Icon or even remove -->
    <div class="customLogo">
    						<SharePoint:AjaxDelta ID="Custom_Logo" BlockElement="true" runat="server">
    	<SharePoint:SPLinkButton runat="server" NavigateUrl="~sitecollection/">
    	<SharePoint:SiteLogoImage ID="x63829de2201a4365a3904788f682d0a3" LogoImageUrl="&lt;% $SPUrl:~sitecollection/_catalogs/masterpage/logo.png %&gt;" AlternateText="Back to Home" runat="server" />
    	</SharePoint:SPLinkButton>
    	</SharePoint:AjaxDelta>
    </div>

John Ross
    SharePoint Server MVP | Sr. Consultant Rackspace: SharePoint Consulting
    Blog: http://johnrossjr.wordpress.com
    Twitter: @JohnRossJr

SharePoint 2013 Branding and User Interface Design
    Professional SharePoint 2010 Branding and User Interface Design (Wrox Programmer to Programmer)

Friday, March 1, 2013 2:13 PM
  • 1.Open you master page

For this <g class="gr_ gr_18 gr-alert gr_spell ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="18" id="18">generte</g> site logo in Snippet Gallery

2.Find the text SharePoint:SPSimpleSiteLink
    <!--MS:<SharePoint:SPSimpleSiteLink runat="server" CssClass="ms-siteicon-a" ID="x7917ecc8c38eab54c8c8d4bd69f58e33">-->
    <!--ME:</SharePoint:SPSimpleSiteLink>-->

3.Replace the text

<!--MS:<SharePoint:SPLinkButton runat="server" NavigateUrl="~sitecollection/" CssClass="ms-siteicon-a" ID="x7917ecc8c38d4bd69f5afkaf932523">-->

<!--ME:</SharePoint:SPLinkButton>-->

4.For site collection redirect option, Add the attribute NavigateUrl to this tag and set it value to "~sitecollection"
    4.For site current site redirect option, Add the attribute NavigateUrl to this tag and set it value to "~site"

NavigateUrl="~sitecollection/"
    NavigateUrl="~site/"

Click Here more details

raghuraj.raja@gmail.com

• Edited by Raghu Raja Friday, October 30, 2015 3:38 AM
    Friday, October 30, 2015 3:37 AM