none
IE 11 Browser hijack? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have a "burning question."  On March 16,  The domain address of google.com was changed to google.com/#spf=1.  Does anyone know why?  Using IE11. Other browsers seem to be ok.

I've been on a separate forum, but no one seems to know, so I thought I'd try here.

Any thoughts out there?

Thanks in advance!

JD

Sunday, April 2, 2017 3:29 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You've clicked a link on a google page that has inserted a hash tag (#) in the location url.

try logging in at google.com/history and deleting that entry from your google online history or simply turn it off or turn of cookies for google.com or run in InPrivate Mode (where cookies are not persistant and addons are disabled by default).

You will find support for google products and web sites at support.google.com. If you have the Google toolbar installed... it may be adding additional query parameters to the location url.

regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions.

Rob^_^

Sunday, April 2, 2017 9:54 PM
  • Hi,

This is a normal behavior.

The Sender Policy Framework (SPF) is an open standard specifying a technical method to prevent sender address forgery. The technology requires two sides to play together: (1) the domain owner publishes this information in an SPF record in the domain's DNS zone, and when someone else's mail server receives a message claiming to come from that domain, then (2) the receiving server can check whether the message complies with the domain's stated policy. If, e.g., the message comes from an unknown server, it can be considered a fake.

Here is an article for reference:

Sender Policy Framework
    http://www.openspf.org/Introduction

According to my understanding, this behavior should be more related to google server. For more information, it is recommended to ask for help from google website support.

Best regards,
    Joy.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 3:23 AM