none
Domain Migration and DPM RRS feed

• Question

• I am having 2 new DC's installed that are protected with DPM 2007. When completed the DC's will have the same server name and same IP as the current ones.

I will obviously need to reload the agent but will DPM get confused as it already is protecting them.

Thanks for any help

Dean

Wednesday, April 6, 2011 7:58 AM

Answers

• Hi Dean,

I think you will have to remove the record for the DPM agent for the "old" DC's from the DPM console and then install the new agents and start protection from there.

just curious but why new dc's with the same name and IP? couldn't you just install additional dc's and fase out the original dc's?

kind regards,

Alex Smits

Wednesday, April 6, 2011 7:02 PM

All replies

• Hi Dean,

I think you will have to remove the record for the DPM agent for the "old" DC's from the DPM console and then install the new agents and start protection from there.

just curious but why new dc's with the same name and IP? couldn't you just install additional dc's and fase out the original dc's?

kind regards,

Alex Smits

Wednesday, April 6, 2011 7:02 PM
  • Hi Alex

Thanks for the info

Unfortunately we are in the hands of RM (education supplier) we have a CC3 system that is being upgraded to CC4 as well as new DC hardware and its the way they have to do things.

Thanks for your help

Dean

Thursday, April 7, 2011 7:19 AM