none
What is best protection solution for Exchange Server 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• I have new installations of Exchange Server 2016 on-premise, I need to make protect my emails and exchange server act.. what is the best solution?
    Tuesday, February 19, 2019 12:08 PM

Answers

• I have new installations of Exchange Server 2016 on-premise, I need to make protect my emails and exchange server act.. what is the best solution?

There is no best solution actually - the best way to contact vendors and test things to see what works for your org.. What do you mean by "Protect my emails"? 

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 12:12 PM
  • Hi a.rahuman,

There doesn't exist the best protection solution, only exist a better solution.

You can do many things to protect your Exchange, such as:

1. Create hybrid with Exchange online, then use EOP filters mail flow for Exchange 2016.

2. Use a reliable certificates.

3. Use suitable URLs for all services to replace FQDN.

4. Buy a reliable firewall.

Etc.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, February 20, 2019 7:02 AM

All replies

There is no best solution actually - the best way to contact vendors and test things to see what works for your org.. What do you mean by "Protect my emails"? 

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 12:12 PM
  • Hi a.rahuman,

There doesn't exist the best protection solution, only exist a better solution.

You can do many things to protect your Exchange, such as:

1. Create hybrid with Exchange online, then use EOP filters mail flow for Exchange 2016.

2. Use a reliable certificates.

3. Use suitable URLs for all services to replace FQDN.

4. Buy a reliable firewall.

Etc.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, February 20, 2019 7:02 AM
  • Hi a.rahuman,

Here are detail information about using EOP to protect on-premise Exchange:

The following are the primary ways you can use EOP for messaging protection:

• In a standalone scenario EOP provides cloud-based email protection for your on-premises Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 environment, legacy Exchange Server versions, or for any other on-premises SMTP email solution.
    • As a part of Microsoft Exchange Online By default, EOP protects Microsoft Exchange Online cloud-hosted mailboxes.
    • In a hybrid deployment EOP can be configured to protect your messaging environment and control mail routing when you have a mix of on-premises and cloud mailboxes.

For more information about it, you can have a look about this article: Exchange Online Protection overview

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Tuesday, February 26, 2019 8:47 AM