DFS Server en Windows Server 2012 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, I need your help, I am creating a DFS server on a Windows Server 2012R2 role is well install the problem I have when creating the Namespace Server, it gives me a fairly rare mistake, know anything about that. Thank You.

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 8:30 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Can you access \\chs-s1dfscg-001\dfsmev folder with Explorer?

Also I would like to know if all folders are created before trying to create the namespace server.

Please delete any created folders when you creating the namespace server. Let's start from begining and try to use Powershell to do these steps.
    mkdir X:\dfsroots\dfsmev
    new-smbshare -name files -path X:\dfsroots\dfsmev
    new-dfsnroot -path \\domain.com\dfsmev -type domainv2 -targetpath \\chs-s1dfscg-001\dfsmev

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 16, 2015 7:10 AM

All replies

• Hi,

did you check this already?

This post is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.
    ~~~
    Questo post non fornisce garanzie e non conferisce diritti

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 8:47 AM
  • Hi,

Can you access \\chs-s1dfscg-001\dfsmev folder with Explorer?

Also I would like to know if all folders are created before trying to create the namespace server.

Please delete any created folders when you creating the namespace server. Let's start from begining and try to use Powershell to do these steps.
    mkdir X:\dfsroots\dfsmev
    new-smbshare -name files -path X:\dfsroots\dfsmev
    new-dfsnroot -path \\domain.com\dfsmev -type domainv2 -targetpath \\chs-s1dfscg-001\dfsmev

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 16, 2015 7:10 AM