none
IE8/9 - 404 error, but works when running through Fiddler and in Chrome RRS feed

• Question

• I have a kunundrum I'm trying to figure out and I'm not too savvy with IE settings.  Basically customer is getting a 404 error when using IE 8 or 9.  I tried to have them send me a fiddler trace, but when Fiddler is running they don't get the error.  Can anyone think of an advanced setting in IE that would cause this?  I went through the standard settings one by one and couldn't find the one that's causing the issue.  Doing a hard reset of all IE settings to default also resolves the issue, but the customer wants to know which setting caused this.
    Thursday, February 7, 2013 6:01 PM

Answers

• Fiddler uses its own proxy....should give you a hint...<wink>

use the developer tools networking tab instead.

Rob^_^

Thursday, February 7, 2013 11:25 PM

All replies

• Fiddler uses its own proxy....should give you a hint...<wink>

use the developer tools networking tab instead.

Rob^_^

Thursday, February 7, 2013 11:25 PM
  • I know this is an old post, but I had the same issue as you - certain pages would throw 404 errors, but only in IE8 and 9, and I wanted to share my findings for anyone else having this issue.

Turns out that the underlying CSS had "behavior" and "ms-behavior" attributes, with relative paths to htc files.  The paths themselves were wrong, and since only IE8 and 9 recognize the "behavior" attribute, those browsers would throw a 404 on the htc path itself.

I fixed the htc paths and the error went away.

HTH,

Chris

Monday, August 25, 2014 10:56 PM