exchange 2010 usr access logs RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

Is there anyway to see the users logs on their account ?

We use exchange server 2010 and I can not find when a user accessed his mailox account .

Thank you!

Sunday, April 17, 2011 3:48 PM

Answers

• Did you enable mailbox auditing?

When you enable audit logging for a mailbox, you can specify which user actions (for example, accessing, moving, or deleting a message) should be logged for a logon type (administrator, delegate user, or owner). The audit log entries also include important information such as the client IP address, host name, and process or client used to access the mailbox. For items that are moved, the entry includes the name of the destination folder.

Understanding Mailbox Audit Logging

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff459237.aspx

James Chong MCITP | EA | EMA; MCSE | M+, S+ Security+, Project+, ITIL msexchangetips.blogspot.com
    • Marked as answer by Mahlukat Tuesday, April 19, 2011 6:27 AM
    Sunday, April 17, 2011 4:01 PM
  • What cmdlet did you run?

Set-Mailbox -Identity "james chong" -AuditOwner Update, Move, MoveToDeletedItems, SoftDelete, HardDelete, Create -AuditEnabled $true

James Chong MCITP | EA | EMA; MCSE | M+, S+ Security+, Project+, ITIL msexchangetips.blogspot.com
    • Marked as answer by Mahlukat Tuesday, April 19, 2011 6:33 AM
    Monday, April 18, 2011 2:04 PM

All replies

• Did you enable mailbox auditing?

When you enable audit logging for a mailbox, you can specify which user actions (for example, accessing, moving, or deleting a message) should be logged for a logon type (administrator, delegate user, or owner). The audit log entries also include important information such as the client IP address, host name, and process or client used to access the mailbox. For items that are moved, the entry includes the name of the destination folder.

Understanding Mailbox Audit Logging

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff459237.aspx

• Marked as answer by Mahlukat Tuesday, April 19, 2011 6:27 AM
    Sunday, April 17, 2011 4:01 PM
  • Thanks for the reply!

I used this link http://exchangeserverpro.com/exchange-2010-mailbox-audit-logging to enable the mailbox auditing for our accounts ,but there I see that the owner is not active, also from that commands when I want to show details I get nothing on response.

Thanks!

Monday, April 18, 2011 7:14 AM
  • What cmdlet did you run?

Set-Mailbox -Identity "james chong" -AuditOwner Update, Move, MoveToDeletedItems, SoftDelete, HardDelete, Create -AuditEnabled $true

• Marked as answer by Mahlukat Tuesday, April 19, 2011 6:33 AM
    Monday, April 18, 2011 2:04 PM
  • Before you can get details of log you have to enable it .

James's cmdlet is correct.

The account you specified should be an enabled mailbox account.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 5:46 AM