Intune 'Endpoint Protection Disabled' RRS feed

• Question

• Since last week I'm seeing random computers at multiple customers reporting the following;

Endpoint Protection Engine unavailable.

Endpoint Protection Disabled.

I haven't had this problem before now all of a sudden since last week I'm seeing randomly maybe 20% of installed computers with this problem. I haven't been able to logon to any of these computers myself yet to see what's going on but it seems to resolve itself either after a restart or if the user manually re enables Real Time Protection in the client.

Is anyone else seeing this problem?

Sunday, September 6, 2015 12:03 PM

Answers

• lol I love how you guys assign your own replies as answers.

You did not answer my question. I was asking if others were also experiencing the same issues. I know I can uninstall and reinstall! Duh! Problem seems to have gone away now so whatever bug was in the software has obviously been fixed by an update :)

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 10:45 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please refer to the following table:

Status item

Potential causes

Potential solutions

Endpoint Protection engine unavailable

The Microsoft Intune Endpoint Protection engine   was corrupted or deleted.

If the Microsoft Intune Endpoint Protection   engine is corrupted, you can try updating or reinstalling the software.

To force an immediate update, click Update in the   Endpoint Protection client software (found in the taskbar on managed computers.

If the engine cannot be updated, you must reinstall the   Endpoint Protection engine.

In the list of installed programs in Control Panel on the   managed computer, locate Microsoft Intune Endpoint Protection Agent, and then   uninstall the application.

During the next update synchronization, the Microsoft Online   Management Update Manager detects the missing program and reinstalls it at   the scheduled installation time.

Endpoint Protection disabled

Microsoft Intune Endpoint Protection was disabled   by an administrator using a policy or by a user on a managed computer.

If Endpoint Protection is disabled, you can enable it from   the Microsoft Intune administrator console or from a managed computer.

Do one of the following:

To enable Endpoint Protection from the   Microsoft Intune administrator console, open the Policy workspace, and   then change the Enable Endpoint Protection setting in the policies that apply   to the computer.

To enable Endpoint Protection from a managed computer,   start the Microsoft Intune Endpoint Protection client from the   notification area and you will be prompted to enable Endpoint Protection.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 8, 2015 2:18 AM
  • lol I love how you guys assign your own replies as answers.

You did not answer my question. I was asking if others were also experiencing the same issues. I know I can uninstall and reinstall! Duh! Problem seems to have gone away now so whatever bug was in the software has obviously been fixed by an update :)

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 10:45 AM