none
PS2010 - When task is labeled as new? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

In "My Work" / "Tasks" some tasks are labeled/flagged as "new"?

But when is a task labeled as "new"? Only after first publishing? Or also after publishing changes on task? Or after each publishing?

And what are the conditions for the unmark of a "new" task? Only if the task is opened? Or also after some time is over?

Thank you!

Thursday, February 14, 2013 7:51 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I was not able to find any document which has answer or reference to above questions. Below are my findings based on my research?

When is a task labeled as "new"?

Kiran K: My tasks page shows tasks with label “New” when PM assign it to resource very first time and publish the plan

Then tasks will remain as “new” until resource enter any progress on the task or open the task and drill down in assignment detail page.

What are condition for the unmark of a "new" task?

Kiran K: I believe there is no such setting defined in Project Server. It gets turn off only when resource opens the task and drill down in assignment details page.

There is web part “My task not new” developed for Project server 2007 by MSProjectExperts

It’s hidden web part that removes the New Task designation from tasks in the grid display on the My Tasks page. 

More Details: http://www.msprojectexperts.com/software/

Thanks,

Kiran K.

• Marked as answer by Membran3333 Thursday, February 28, 2013 1:26 PM
    Friday, February 22, 2013 1:54 PM

All replies

• No ideas? :-/
    Friday, February 22, 2013 1:24 PM
  • Hi,

I was not able to find any document which has answer or reference to above questions. Below are my findings based on my research?

When is a task labeled as "new"?

Kiran K: My tasks page shows tasks with label “New” when PM assign it to resource very first time and publish the plan

Then tasks will remain as “new” until resource enter any progress on the task or open the task and drill down in assignment detail page.

What are condition for the unmark of a "new" task?

Kiran K: I believe there is no such setting defined in Project Server. It gets turn off only when resource opens the task and drill down in assignment details page.

There is web part “My task not new” developed for Project server 2007 by MSProjectExperts

It’s hidden web part that removes the New Task designation from tasks in the grid display on the My Tasks page. 

More Details: http://www.msprojectexperts.com/software/

Thanks,

Kiran K.

• Marked as answer by Membran3333 Thursday, February 28, 2013 1:26 PM
    Friday, February 22, 2013 1:54 PM