none
Microsoft Exchange 2016 DAG on HyperV has cluster failover

Question

• Dears,

Ihave the two Microsoft Server 2012 Data Center with HyperV roles install on both, and the Two nodes servers configure as Fail-over cluster "Share Storage" , and I create two VMs "one per Node and install Exchange server 2016 on both.

My Question is, How to deploy DAG between two of Exchange server 2016 ?

Regards,

Sunday, January 8, 2017 1:49 PM

All replies

• There is no way to deploy Exchange 2016 with shared storage.  Each DAG member must have its own independent storage.

There is plenty of information on the Web and in books written by many esteemed authors like Tony Redmond and Jim McBee that will guide you on how to deploy a DAG.  I recommend that you search the Internet and buy and read these fine gentlemen's books.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Sunday, January 8, 2017 7:43 PM
  • Thanks for reply,

I have one Storage and I will create Two LUN , and I will assign each LUN for each exchange Server then I will configure DAG, is this suitable way to configure DAG ?

Best regards,

Monday, January 9, 2017 1:23 PM
  • I recommend that you follow my earlier post.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Monday, January 9, 2017 7:39 PM
  • I tried searching but I didn't found, Could you please mention the link please ?

Thanks

Sunday, January 15, 2017 1:41 PM
  • Sorry, but I don't have the time to search the Internet for you or buy and read your books for you.

Monday, January 16, 2017 12:17 AM
  • Ok, let me info you, This site for support and help, and if you don't have time to support, So please don't reply !!!

Monday, January 16, 2017 11:20 AM
  • I've been doing free peer support for Exchange Server for over 20 years, and I don't think that I need you to tell me how to do it.

In fact I have supported you.  I have told you where to find your answer.  Not all of us are prepared to do your own basic research for you.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 11:46 PM
  • If you put some link to solve this issue "As you working 20 years" , WAS better than talking more!

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 9:51 AM
  • Wednesday, January 18, 2017 4:46 PM