none
Existing Office 365 Customer trying to Buy MS Project Online RRS feed

• Question

• My partner has a client who wants to add Microsoft Project 2013 to their subscription; is this possible or do we have to pay for it separately? He tried the “buy now” then using their admin account and it says they can not cannot… just curious if I am missing something or if the billing is not “tied in”?  They have not been upgraded to the new Office 365 service, is this going to be a problem?

Monday, April 29, 2013 9:59 PM

All replies

• Hi Tom,

A quick point on naming - Microsoft Project 2013 isn't available via subscription, but Project Pro for Office 365 is the subscription version of the client desktop product.  In your title you also mention Project Online.  This is not the client software, but is a hosted online environment similar to the functionality Project Server delivers - if you are familiar with that.

Whether they can add either Project Pro for Office 365 or Project Online depends on a couple of factors.  The first is the level of subscription they already have, and the second - which you already confirm above - is that they need to be upgraded to the latest release level of the Office 365 platform.  Generally if they fulfill both of these criteria they will see Project Pro  listed under the 'Purchase Services' page at https://portal.microsoftonline.com/Commerce/Catalog.aspx when they are signed in to their existing subscription.  I'm guessing they are on one of the Office 365 plans that currently do not have the option to add Project.  Which Office 365 version are they subscribed to currently?

Best regards,

Brian.

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 2:22 PM
    Owner