UAG Login.asp customization error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to customize the Login.asp for a trunk configured with 2 authentication servers. I am having a checkbox and wanting to select the repository based on the checkbox value. I am successful with having a checkbox and setting the value in the textbox with ID repository. I am also able to access the login page. But, I am getting the below error when I hit the 'Log on' button:

You have attempted to access a restricted URL. 
    The URL contains an invalid parameter. 

Please help me resolve this issue and move forward.

Monday, September 23, 2013 11:19 AM

Answers

• Hello,

The issue is that by adding a new control to the Login.asp page you are passing a new variable back to the UAG during the form submit process.  What you need to do is to add the new variable to the Trunk URL Set to allow this new variable.

If you look in Web Monitor when you get the error, you will see the name of the variable which needs to be added, and also it shows you the URL which is complaining (so you then know the URL to look for in the URL Set).

Regards,

Sean.

• Marked as answer by Nastavirs123 Friday, October 4, 2013 7:12 AM
    Wednesday, September 25, 2013 1:07 PM
  • Hi,

On the UAG portal, go to the 'Advanced Trunk Configuration' and select the 'URL Set' tab.  Look for the rule named 'InternalSite_Rule[xx]' and has a URL of '/internalsite/validate\.inc'

Then click on 'Add' at the bottom on the window to add a new parameter (the login.asp page submits itself to the validate.inc page, so we need to tell UAG that validate.inc should now expect a new parameter), the name of the parameter is the name of the checkbox control you have created, the value should be '[0-1]' as a checkbox only has a true or false value, the length should be '1:1' as the contents of the paremter will only ever be 1 character.  The existence is 'Mandatory' and Occurances should be 'single'.

Now click 'OK' and activate the UAG Configuration.  You should now be good to go.

Regards,

Sean.

Thursday, October 3, 2013 1:56 PM
  • Hello Sean..

I could infer from the logs that the reason for failure is because the value of the checkbox is taken as "on" if it is checked and nothing if it is unchecked. Hence I gave the value as "[^*()]*" and switched the existence to "Optional" which made it worked.

Thanks for your help in getting this solved..

Cheers,

Nastavirs123

Friday, October 4, 2013 7:12 AM

All replies

• Hello,

The issue is that by adding a new control to the Login.asp page you are passing a new variable back to the UAG during the form submit process.  What you need to do is to add the new variable to the Trunk URL Set to allow this new variable.

If you look in Web Monitor when you get the error, you will see the name of the variable which needs to be added, and also it shows you the URL which is complaining (so you then know the URL to look for in the URL Set).

Regards,

Sean.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 1:07 PM
  • Thanks Sean. This seems to resolve the issue.

Also, could you please tell me what "Value", and "Value Type" should be used for a checkbox ?

• Edited by Nastavirs123 Thursday, September 26, 2013 2:28 PM
    Wednesday, September 25, 2013 4:48 PM
  • Hello there..

Is it fine to have the option "Accept Unlisted Parameters" in the URL set in order to accept the new parameter that I have introduced in my customized login page ?

Please advise.

Thursday, October 3, 2013 8:01 AM
  • Hi,

I would advise that this option is not used as this will be removing part of the security mechanism in UAG.  By adding a new parameter to be passed by the login.asp page you normally have to add a new parameter to the URL set.  If you can try and log into the UAG portal and then get the error when you submit the login page; go to Web Monitor and post a picture here of the error shown I can tell you what rule and what parameter to enter into the URL Ruleset.

Regards,

Sean.

Thursday, October 3, 2013 8:49 AM
  • But, I am not seeing any error in the web monitor. Hence I am not knowing what values should be given for a checkbox parameter. Please help !
    Thursday, October 3, 2013 8:56 AM
  • Hi,

When you open Web Monitor in the Event Viewer section (towards the bottom on the right hand options) select 'All', this will then show a error/warning (can't remember which on) which will have 'Invalid URL' record.

Regards,

Sean.

Thursday, October 3, 2013 9:17 AM
  • Hi Sean.. I do not find an event record with 'Invalid URL'. I am unable to insert any snapshots into the post. Please let me know what values can be inserted for a checkbox parameter ?

Appreciate your help !!

Thanks,

Nastavirs123

Thursday, October 3, 2013 9:35 AM
  • Hi,

If you wait until I get home this evening I will send you the instructions on what to change.

Regards,

Sean.

Thursday, October 3, 2013 10:43 AM
  • Thats great.. thanks !!
    Thursday, October 3, 2013 11:33 AM
  • Hi,

On the UAG portal, go to the 'Advanced Trunk Configuration' and select the 'URL Set' tab.  Look for the rule named 'InternalSite_Rule[xx]' and has a URL of '/internalsite/validate\.inc'

Then click on 'Add' at the bottom on the window to add a new parameter (the login.asp page submits itself to the validate.inc page, so we need to tell UAG that validate.inc should now expect a new parameter), the name of the parameter is the name of the checkbox control you have created, the value should be '[0-1]' as a checkbox only has a true or false value, the length should be '1:1' as the contents of the paremter will only ever be 1 character.  The existence is 'Mandatory' and Occurances should be 'single'.

Now click 'OK' and activate the UAG Configuration.  You should now be good to go.

Regards,

Sean.

Thursday, October 3, 2013 1:56 PM
  • Hello Sean,

Thanks for your advice. I followed the steps and tried with all the 3 value types ("String","Integer","Real") and it worked with neither of the combinations. Hope to get a solution for this !!

Really appreciate your help on this.

Thanks again !

Thursday, October 3, 2013 2:52 PM
  • Hi,

It should just be 'String', I have put this into my test UAG and it worked so you potentially have some other customisation which is causing the issue.  Try to change the URL rule to 'ignore' parameters and see if that works?

I would not advise using this setting in production so once it is tested revert this back to 'handle' the parameters.

Regards,

Sean.

Thursday, October 3, 2013 2:59 PM
  • Hello Sean..

I could infer from the logs that the reason for failure is because the value of the checkbox is taken as "on" if it is checked and nothing if it is unchecked. Hence I gave the value as "[^*()]*" and switched the existence to "Optional" which made it worked.

Thanks for your help in getting this solved..

Cheers,

Nastavirs123

Friday, October 4, 2013 7:12 AM