Pls Pls Pls Help me to install vista on RC410M mainboard RRS feed

• Question

• When install windows vista every thing is normall until the last restart windows vista can't log me in it take verylong time about 30 minutes to login and when i loged in system is stop responsing so i try to install windows vista more than 5 times and every time the same problem accord

so i download And istall (WindowsVistaUpgradeAdvisor)from microsoft and test my pc ability to upgrade to windows vista and it give me an error in motherboard what can i do to install windows vista.

Note: i purchased this mainboard from 1 month ago

Tuesday, February 6, 2007 12:49 PM

All replies

• Try a BIOS Update. Be extremely careful when you do this though because if you don't do it properly, you can fry your computer. You'll goto your Motherboard manufateurer's website and find the Drivers for your exact Motherboard model. They should be providing you with an Application called a BIOS Update Tool. Here's a good Guide to help you with the process.

http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=1605&page=3

The next thing you want to do at your Motherboard's website, is look for a BIOS Driver. If there's one for Windows Vista, then that's the one you'll want, as long as it is not in a Beta version. Once downloaded, you should have a ROM File. If your Motherboard has provided a BIOS Utility, you can mount that ROM file into the utility, erase the current ROM, then Flash the BIOS. Restart your computer and try again.

I'd recommend you let a professional computer technician do this though, because it will end up costing a lot more money if you mess it up. If that doesn't work, boot your Vista disk from computer startup, then do a clean install of Windows XP. If you have the Upgrade version of Vista, it WILL ask that you put in your XP CD, just to see if you're authethentically upgrading. If THAT doesn't work, take it down to a computer technician, unless you know how to do this, erase the current partition on your hard drive, place your hard drive CD in the disk drive, then boot from that CD and create a new partition. I ask that you use your original Hard Drive CD because it will create a partition that your Hard Drive is already used to. Then try reinstalling Vista and that should fix your motherboard issue.

Tuesday, February 6, 2007 7:53 PM
  • i'm allready flash my bios from live update MSI but the problem still as it is

and i have the latest update driver for each device in my computer

Thursday, February 8, 2007 6:21 AM