Returning to Windows 7 from Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• I used the free update to Windows 10 9 days ago and the the option to return to Windows 7 is missing from my PC.  The terms of the update gave me the right to return within 30 days.  How can I fix this?
    Saturday, September 19, 2015 8:37 AM

Answers

• If the option to roll back is missing from settings some of the necessary files are missing.  You would need to re-install your previous OS.

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

• Proposed as answer by Michael_LS Monday, September 28, 2015 9:23 AM
    • Marked as answer by Zen the Ocelot Tuesday, September 29, 2015 5:58 AM
    Saturday, September 19, 2015 11:44 AM
  • Hi Kathy,

Yes, it would be available to rollback to Windows 7 within 30 days, as long as we have Windows.old file available.

Please notice that, Windows.old file would be removed with the disk cleanup tool.

If we can't find the roll back option under:

Settings->Update and Security->Recovery, then to roll back to Windows 7 might not be available, which means the system has already cleaned up the upgraded files.

As told by Team Zigzag, the only option to get Windows 7, is to do a clean install.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Zen the Ocelot Tuesday, September 29, 2015 5:59 AM
    Tuesday, September 22, 2015 2:05 AM

All replies

• If the option to roll back is missing from settings some of the necessary files are missing.  You would need to re-install your previous OS.

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

• Marked as answer by Zen the Ocelot Tuesday, September 29, 2015 5:58 AM
    Saturday, September 19, 2015 11:44 AM
  • Hi Kathy,

Yes, it would be available to rollback to Windows 7 within 30 days, as long as we have Windows.old file available.

Please notice that, Windows.old file would be removed with the disk cleanup tool.

If we can't find the roll back option under:

Settings->Update and Security->Recovery, then to roll back to Windows 7 might not be available, which means the system has already cleaned up the upgraded files.

As told by Team Zigzag, the only option to get Windows 7, is to do a clean install.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Zen the Ocelot Tuesday, September 29, 2015 5:59 AM
    Tuesday, September 22, 2015 2:05 AM