Range of IP addresses for which connection can be established RRS feed

• Question

• What is the range of IP addresses for which connection can be established from our internet enabled server. The protocol which we use is TCP/UDP.
    Thursday, December 29, 2016 10:37 AM

All replies

• What is the range of IP addresses for which connection can be established from our internet enabled server. The protocol which we use is TCP/UDP.

Hi,

It is related to your Public IP addresses , typically all public IP addresses are reachable by each other on the internet,unless your ISP have a  ACL for allow and deny specific IP or IP range,you should contact your ISP for more support.

Best Regards
    Cartman
    Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, December 30, 2016 6:46 AM
  • Internet enabled device will establish connection to any IP range  but again here comes the configuration in your infrastructure  which classify  your network configuration,firewall configuration and DNS configuration. So it will be always best to get in touch with your network team/ISP provider to get the information.
    Friday, December 30, 2016 7:51 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for replying. Actually my problem is, I have a web application which works with chatbot framework. and the communication happens through microsoft azure service. For every communication between the app and chatbot, azure service generates dynamic ip addresses which are blocked by our firewall. I want to give access to the range of those dynamic ip's. Help me to solve this.

Monday, January 2, 2017 8:25 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for replying. Actually my problem is, I have a web application which works with chatbot framework. and the communication happens through microsoft azure service. For every communication between the app and chatbot, azure service generates dynamic ip addresses which are blocked by our firewall. I want to give access to the range of those dynamic ip's. Help me to solve this.

Monday, January 2, 2017 8:26 AM
  • Opening port and allowing dynamic IPs range for internet's application is not a good idea as it may make your infrastructure vulnerable. Best option from my point of view is to hard code some IP range in to your application and allow them in firewall. Or ask your network team for IP mapping based on rules of originating server.
    • Edited by sunny.sinha Wednesday, January 4, 2017 8:37 AM
    Wednesday, January 4, 2017 8:35 AM
  • Thank you.. I too have the same idea. But how to find out those dynamic ip's ? Can you help me to find the ip addresses generated?
    Monday, January 9, 2017 6:37 AM
  • Thank you.. I too have the same idea. But how to find out those dynamic ip's ? Can you help me to find the ip addresses generated?

Hi,

This one may help:

Microsoft Azure Datacenter IP Ranges

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=41653

Best Regards
    Cartman
    Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 3:59 AM