DTMF tones to join VMR RRS feed

• Question

• We have recently acquired some VMR's that are externally hosted.

We use these to bridge calls between our Polycom endpoints, external users at home connecting via browsers and the Lync clients.

Everything works well and is stable except for when we use a host pin code for the VMR's and the Lync client tries to use the Dtmf to input a "#" followed by our pin code. It simply doesnt register although it works from other devices.

I have performed a:

Get-CsDialinConferencingDtmfConfiguration in Powershell and can see that the "#" command has no entry but the "*" sign does. Would anyone know and advise using the Powershell command:

Set-CsDialinConferencingDtmfConfiguration -CommandCharacter #

to change it so that the # button rather than the * button is the command and this will allow the Lync client to open the bridge?

if not - please can someone advise me where I am going wrong?

Thanks in advance

Tom

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 4:22 PM

Answers

• Hi 2H’sdad,

Based on my understanding, If the VMR is PIN-protected, you can use the Lync / Skype for Business dial pad or keyboard to enter the conference PIN.

Do you mean the Lync client auto add a “#” when you enter the Conference PIN? For example, the Host PIN is “1234”, but in Lync it displays as “1234#”?

If this is the case, from https://docs.pexip.com/admin/creating_editing_vmrs.htm , it seems that the PINs can be configured to end with #. However, I’m not familiar with Polycom Products, so I’m not sure whether or not it is possible.

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best regards,

Eric

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 24, 2016 2:22 AM