none
Wireless Causing Lock out when computer lid is shut RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

Not sure if this should be in the Security or a different area.

I have a user where when ever he shuts his laptop lid for a couple minutes and opens it back up he gets locked out from the Company Wireless connection.

He is the only one who has this issue so I am unsure why this happens. The Wireless uses AD Authentication.

I even made it to prompt him for the password and everything when reconnecting.

This has not resolved the issue. I am about to the point to make the computer do nothing when he shuts the lid.

Does anyone have any clue why this would happen to one user? I currently have him set up on the Guest Network and using the VPN. Then when he uses a Ethernet cable he has no issues either. Everything points toward the one Wireless connection.

Any Ideas or thoughts?

Thanks,

Zach

Monday, October 12, 2015 7:14 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Do you mean the PC lost connection to wireless while closing the lip? If it does, I suggest you follow the steps below to prevent losing connection to wireless.

1. Go to “Control Panel” > “Power Options” > “Change Plan Settings” > “Change Advanced Power Settings” > “Wireless Adapter Settings” > “Maximum performance”.
    2. Go to “Network and sharing center” > “Change adapter settings”. Right click the Wireless adapter > “Properties” > “Configure” > “Power management” > clear “Allow the computer to turn off this device”.

If the steps above doesn’t work, you have to let the PC not sleep after you closing the lip so that the wireless adapter will always work.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/change-what-happens-when-you-close-your-laptop

In addition to that, I would like to know whether you can reconnect successfully when you lose connection. Please check if any local group policy or script applied in the PC when reconnect failed.

Good luck with you to fix it.

Best Regards

Simon  

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 16, 2015 3:46 AM