Management Packs for Intel Brand Servers RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am running SCOM 2012 R2 and I am looking for management packs for Intel Brand servers.  I have two models, the SBD2B014 and the S5000PSL servers that I would like to start managing from SCOM.  Unfortunately I could not find any MP's from Intel's site.  Does anyone know where I can get them if they exist or know a workaround?

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 8:18 PM

Answers

All replies

• hi,

i dont think there is a dedicated SCOM MP.

you could create on yourself? do the servers allow notifications to be sent via SNMP? if so you could capture these SNMP traps and forward them via SCOM.

creating/capturing,  have a read here, https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/kevinholman/2015/02/03/snmp-trap-monitoring-with-scom-2012-r2/

• Proposed as answer by Elton_Ji Wednesday, October 12, 2016 9:39 AM
    • Marked as answer by Elton_Ji Wednesday, October 12, 2016 3:55 PM
    Wednesday, September 28, 2016 3:29 AM
  • Hi Sir,

Generally , we may need to contact with hardware vendor/manufacture to check if there is any MP developed for SCOM .

If the answer is no , we may also check if the server hardware supports SNMP . If yes, we may use SNMP monitor to monitor hardware . 

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 29, 2016 7:38 AM
  • Hello,

I agree with Elton_Ji here, it will be better if you could ask your hardware manufacturer for the MP as I remember a situation wherein we purchased Audio Codec devices and were not able to find the MPs for that.

I got the the MP with installation and configuration Guide from hardware manufacturer after I contacted them and able to monitor those devices without any issues.

The second option will be to configure same through SNMP.

Regards,

Shashi

Sunday, October 2, 2016 11:00 AM