none
Run ConfigureSharePoint.exe silently RRS feed

• Question

• Today when I run the configuresharepoint.exe it asks the username for wsscmdletswrapper and password for wsscmdletswrapper on the console.

Can these two things be passed as a parameter to the exe so that it runs quietly and does not explicitly ask for user to key in the two things?

I am trying to run this via a script and therefore want this command to run silently.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 11:00 AM

Answers

• Sorry,

We don't have a documented way to script ConfigureSharePoint.exe at this point. I have heard this once or twice before, will see if I could get this incorporated in future releases.  

Regards, Deepan [This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.] [P.S. If the post answers your question or guides you about what you're looking for, please mark it as answered.]
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 10:19 AM

All replies

• Sorry,

We don't have a documented way to script ConfigureSharePoint.exe at this point. I have heard this once or twice before, will see if I could get this incorporated in future releases.  

Regards, Deepan [This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.] [P.S. If the post answers your question or guides you about what you're looking for, please mark it as answered.]
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 10:19 AM
  • Yes it might have been logical to let the configuresharepoint.exe accept two more parameters -WSSCmdletsWrapperUserName and -WSSCmdletsWrapperPassword

That way people can run it silently as well (if they want to)

Thursday, March 31, 2011 12:34 PM