Sharepoint 2003 AD Trust RRS feed

• Question

• Morning,

Old solution I know, pending move to Office 365 :-)

We have dmz with a one way trust from two domains.

We have seen an issue recently when demoting one 2003 DC in one of the trusted domains where we are no longer able to add users when searching for domain\user this fails constantly.  The demoted DC was reintroduced and eventually the ability to add users started to work again, although not immediately.

We have not seen any issues with adding users to folders etc on the dmz Sharepoint servers only to sites in Sharepoint 2003.

We have run some Wireshark traces from the Sharepoint 2003 servers and have found that the Sharepoint app servers seem to be calling a domain controller in the other domain directly?  This happens to be the DC we are trying to demote.  My question is, how does the Sharepoint server have knowledge of this DC, and, is there a way we can force Sharepoint to forget this DC and just call out to the trusting domain?

Thanks

Kind regards, Kev

Friday, September 8, 2017 7:40 AM

All replies

• SharePoint 2003 is too old and I can not remember that.

Did you config the ad info when you build your SharePoint 2003 environment?

顺其自然地勇往直前!—Justin Liu

Friday, September 8, 2017 8:12 AM
  • Hi,

This is an environment that we have inherited unfortunately.  i don't ever remember seeing such options when building a 2003 environment previously?

Thanks

Kind regards, Kev

Friday, September 8, 2017 8:13 AM
  • Also to add - the Sharepoint environment was built before the introduction of one of the trusted domains.

Kind regards, Kev

Friday, September 8, 2017 11:17 AM