none
Issue with OAB on Outlook 2010, Exchange 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

Our users are complaining that they can’t find new users in their address book. The new users popup when we turn off cached mode in Outlook 2010. So we when I was troubleshooting this issue I found that the ExchangeOAB folder hasn’t been updated since 08-April-2013. The security / share settings are correctly set “Exchange Servers” Read / Execute, even when we give the “Exchange Servers” modifying rights it won’t help.

I followed this “manual” http://community.spiceworks.com/topic/140077-exchange-oab-not-updating-properly.

I also created a new OAB file and changed the client settings in the “mailbox database” to point to the new OAB without success.

Is there anyone here with a solution to our issue?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
    Jeroen Lambrichts

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 6:21 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Please verify whether the issue occurs on certain user or all users or not.

If a user has the issue, I suggest you check if the issue also occurs when you use owa to access mailbox.

If owa has no problem, I suggest you recreate the outlook profile and check the result.

Otherwise, I suggest you use the update-offlineaddressbook -identity "xxx" to update your oab to check the result.

Besides, please check if the latest OAB file is published successfully as the following location: c:Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\ExchangeOAB\ <some GUID>.

Cara Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 3:30 AM
  • Hi Cara,

Thanks for your reply. We have this issue with all our users. I’ve checked the c:\program files\microsoft\exchange server\exchangeoab\b20daf49-0781-4b30-ae8e-67974afa3fa6. The last update is from April 8, 2013

When we update the OAB via EMC \ organization configuration \ mailbox \ offline address book it say’s completed within a second, and when we verify the OAB we notice that the OAB is still outdated on the C:\...\<some guid>

We have a mixed environment Exchange 2007 / 2010.

Monday, June 17, 2013 1:30 PM