Exchange 2013 Distribution list "Send As" and "Send on Behalf" settings RRS feed

• Question

• On the ECP view of distribution list, there is the group delegation for "Send As" and "Send on Behalf" and was wondering if this could be used to send an email from the distribution list and have the reply sent to the distribution list and how to send the email. All the information shows it should but not sure if there is more that needs to be setup. 

When I try to create a message (with my account in the "Send on Behalf") and put distname@domain.com in the from address, I get a "You do not have the permission to send the message on behalf of the specified user".

If I create a message (with my account in the "Send As") and put distname@domain.com in the from address, I get the same type of message.

Monday, July 18, 2016 4:26 PM

Answers

• Yes, you should be able to use the delegate permissions just fine. Best test via OWA, as Outlook will need some time to catch up.
    • Proposed as answer by David Wang_ Wednesday, July 27, 2016 6:40 AM
    • Marked as answer by David Wang_ Friday, July 29, 2016 6:22 AM
    Monday, July 18, 2016 6:57 PM

All replies

• Yes, you should be able to use the delegate permissions just fine. Best test via OWA, as Outlook will need some time to catch up.
    • Proposed as answer by David Wang_ Wednesday, July 27, 2016 6:40 AM
    • Marked as answer by David Wang_ Friday, July 29, 2016 6:22 AM
    Monday, July 18, 2016 6:57 PM
  • Hi,

Yes,you can configure ‘send on behalf’ permission and ‘Send as’ permission to make others represent the Distribution List to write or reply emails.

Besides,I have made a test,it worked fine using test user on behalf of the distribution list.

I suggest you refer to the following article to re-assign permissions to a group:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj919240(v=exchg.150).aspx

Regards,                                                                           

David

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

David Wang_
    TechNet Community Support

• Edited by David Wang_ Tuesday, July 19, 2016 2:49 AM
    • Proposed as answer by David Wang_ Tuesday, July 19, 2016 5:05 AM
    Tuesday, July 19, 2016 2:49 AM