none
Exchange Database Journaling Mailbox

Question

• We have 5 user databases all being journaled and sent to one Journaling mailbox.  That journaling mailbox lives on its own separate database.  We are about to restructure and I was wondering if there will be issues (causing some sort of a loop) if the journaling mailbox lives on a database that is being journaled?  Or if within Exchange, it has built in features to realize not to journal the messages it just sent to the journaling mailbox. Thanks!
    Friday, March 24, 2017 4:32 PM

Answers

• We have 5 user databases all being journaled and sent to one Journaling mailbox.  That journaling mailbox lives on its own separate database.  We are about to restructure and I was wondering if there will be issues (causing some sort of a loop) if the journaling mailbox lives on a database that is being journaled?  Or if within Exchange, it has built in features to realize not to journal the messages it just sent to the journaling mailbox. Thanks!

The recommendation is always to have a dedicated DB for journaling mostly because of the performance issues and log control. As for the logic, it wont journal itself :)

Exchange 2007 reaches end of life on April 11th. What’s your plan to move?

Friday, March 24, 2017 4:51 PM

All replies

The recommendation is always to have a dedicated DB for journaling mostly because of the performance issues and log control. As for the logic, it wont journal itself :)

Exchange 2007 reaches end of life on April 11th. What’s your plan to move?

Friday, March 24, 2017 4:51 PM
  • That is exactly what I was looking for, thank you very much!
    Friday, March 24, 2017 4:57 PM
  • Glad to hear that you have got it.

Best Regards,
    David Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 27, 2017 7:23 AM