OWA on UAG 2010 issue RRS feed

• Question

• We recently cutover to the UAG 2010 from the IAG 2007 for OWA and EAS. One issue that has come up is those users who don't have local admin rights cannot install the UAG client. That makes sense but it seems these same users cannot do much of anything in OWA without this client installed.  They try to open a message and they get a "page cannot be displayed" With the IAG you could still access OWA with reduced funtionality. For example if you were at a kiosk you could access OWA without local admin rights and still be able to function.

Is there a setting on the UAG or the OWA trunk that we need to make?

These users are connecting to Exchange 2003.

Monday, July 25, 2011 4:47 PM

Answers

• Hi BGMZ-

UAG retained the feature that let you continue without endpoint detection enabled.   This is a non configurable feature so it should be on, therefore something is probably wrong with your configuration or a problem in general.

I recommend you disable endpoint detection activate UAG then enable it again.      Configuration >> Session

You can also consider disabling endpoint detection all together if you dont plan on using those features.

Thanks
    Dennis Lee

• Marked as answer by Erez Benari Friday, August 26, 2011 10:54 PM
    Monday, July 25, 2011 5:24 PM

All replies

• Hi BGMZ-

UAG retained the feature that let you continue without endpoint detection enabled.   This is a non configurable feature so it should be on, therefore something is probably wrong with your configuration or a problem in general.

I recommend you disable endpoint detection activate UAG then enable it again.      Configuration >> Session

You can also consider disabling endpoint detection all together if you dont plan on using those features.

Thanks
    Dennis Lee

• Marked as answer by Erez Benari Friday, August 26, 2011 10:54 PM
    Monday, July 25, 2011 5:24 PM
  • Hi BGM2,

We've also deployed OWA 2003 with EAS on UAG, it may be worth checking your Application properties for OWA and Trunk Configuration, as we found we needed the following values set before it displayed correctly.

Application Properties \ Web Servers – Paths:

/exchange/
    /exchweb/
    /iisadmpwd/
    /public/
    /owaasp/
    /eas-web/

And Trunk Configuration \ URL Set

ExchangePub2003SP1_EAS

With the URL set to

/eas-web/*

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 12:24 PM
  • Yes, I'm pretty much using the default configuration. How determine that these additions were needed? Trial and error. For the most part most of these settings are fairly cryptic to me.
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 5:36 PM
  • Hi BGM2,

Originally our OWA was published via ISA 2006, and those paths were configured.

When we published OWA on UAG, the OWA page didn't load correctly including it wouldn't allow us to open or reply to emails, showing 'page cannot be displayed' errors. When we added the the path / URL sets highlighted in bold it resolved the issue.

Hope that provides some clarity?

Regards

Chris

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 11:39 AM