Windows 7 not getting installed RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I am using windows 7 ultimate 32 bit and wanted to install 64 bit version, but I am not able to do so, as I am booting the os dvd after the [B]"windows is loading file"[/B] done staring windows screen appear the system getting restart and again I have to repeat the same process but windows is not getting install. can anyone tell what can be the problem.
    • Edited by abhisek1989 Saturday, June 15, 2013 7:15 PM
    Saturday, June 15, 2013 7:14 PM

Answers

• I would strongly suggest you take your computer to a computer repair shop to have some diagnostics run on it.

It is impossible to say whether the problem is faulty hardware or a result of software conflicts on the hard drive without analyzing the results of some diagnostics.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Marked as answer by tracycai Tuesday, June 25, 2013 9:01 AM
    Sunday, June 16, 2013 7:33 PM

All replies

• 1. Backup yur data and reinstall operatiing system. You should remove all partitions from previous installation during installation process.

OR

2. Shrink data partition and install W 7 64bit into empty space.

What is the reason for using another installation? IMHO the only reason is either large RAM (greater than 4GB) or specific applications that run in 64bit environment only.

Rgds

Milos

Sunday, June 16, 2013 6:51 AM
  • i know the process of installation, but what I am telling I thing you not getting, I said the OS is not getting installed, the system is getting restarting after windows is loading files process,
    Sunday, June 16, 2013 8:21 AM
  • Sorry, but do not see what you can see and my question is, what did you do? What role is 32 bit installation. Is it clean installation? What computer it is - I mean it from the point of view drivers? What have you find in installation log (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927521/en-us)?

The more relevant data you give, the faster may be the path to solution of your problem.

Thank you for understanding

Milos

Sunday, June 16, 2013 8:34 AM
  • i am not able to understand what you saying, I have 32bit running in my computer and not able to install 64bit, my system is 64 bit compatible but not able to install it system getting restart its own

Sunday, June 16, 2013 9:53 AM
  • See info @ http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/32-bit-and-64-bit-windows-frequently-asked-questions

Can I upgrade from a 32-bit version of Windows to a 64-bit version of Windows 7 or from a 64-bit version of Windows 7 to a 32-bit version of Windows?   

You can use the Upgrade option during Windows 7 installation, which preserves your files, settings, and programs, only if you're currently running a 32-bit version of Windows Vista and you want to upgrade to the 32-bit version of Windows 7. Similarly, if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows Vista, you can only perform an upgrade to a 64-bit version of Windows 7. For more information, go to Upgrading to  Windows 7: frequently asked questions on the Windows website.

If you want to move from a 32-bit version of Windows to a 64-bit version of Windows 7 or vice versa, you'll need to back up your files and choose the Custom option during Windows 7 installation. Then, you'll need to restore your files and reinstall your programs. For more information about performing a custom installation, see Installing and reinstalling Windows 7‍.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Sunday, June 16, 2013 3:30 PM
  • that problem is not solved by doing many thing, but now another problem came, during installation the starting windows screen is freezed. can anyone tell me what to do now.
    Sunday, June 16, 2013 6:19 PM
  • I would strongly suggest you take your computer to a computer repair shop to have some diagnostics run on it.

It is impossible to say whether the problem is faulty hardware or a result of software conflicts on the hard drive without analyzing the results of some diagnostics.

• Marked as answer by tracycai Tuesday, June 25, 2013 9:01 AM
    Sunday, June 16, 2013 7:33 PM