none
How to delete old project in Enterprise project and restore RRS feed

• Question

• I have requirement to archive all old project ,so can you guide me how to do this,and if i will take backup and then delete ,then how  retrieve these project on publish database

Archive all completed project ,and in future if required to check complete project then manager can open complete project ad he can check.

Kindly do need full.

Hasan Jamal Siddiqui(MCTS,MCPD,ITIL@V3),Share Point Application Developer,TCS

Monday, March 25, 2013 9:47 AM

All replies

• Hi there,

After archiving the Projects, check they appear on the Admin Restore page before deleting. If you want to restore a deleted project or even any archived project, navigate to the Admin Restore page in PWA. Select the correct project that you want to restore then click Restore. Once this has processed through the queue, the project will be available in the Draft database (working store) and not PWA at this point. You will need to open this project in Project Professional from the Working Store, if you want to see this project in the Project Center you will then need to publish that project.

Thanks

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Monday, March 25, 2013 10:56 AM
  • Thanks,

Can you provide information the best practice of archiving closed and complete project.i have pla to migrate 2007 to 2010.so i need to clean all complete and closed project before starting migration.

your help is appreciable.

Monday, March 25, 2013 11:00 AM
  • Monday, March 25, 2013 11:08 AM
  • Hi there.

I have check backup and restore functionality.

after take backup by admin backup and delet project from project server only chose publish database,but when i was trying to restore ,i didn't get this record in project center and not found associate project  sub site.

Kindly help me how to archive method do in OOB

Monday, April 1, 2013 5:24 AM