Wont idle to sleep with lid closed after waking to run task RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

I have my laptop (vista x32 business) set to sleep - when idle for X amount of time, and when the lid is shut. These features work as they are supposed to; idles to sleep when lid is open and sleeps right after the lid is shut. I have also created a task using the "task scheduler" to wake the computer and run a virus scan on a schedule. I have the following ocuring: 

If the lid is open - goes to sleep after idle, wakes from sleep as scheduled, runs virus scan, after X amount of idle time - goes back to sleep. 

If I close the lid - goes to sleep, wakes from sleep as scheduled, runs virus scan, BUT will not go back to sleep after X amount of idle time. 

Any ideas how to when lid closed, wake to run task, then return to sleep after idle X amount of time? 

I guess a simpler explanation of my problem is -> my computer won't idle to sleep when the lid is closed. 

Any Ideas?? Thanks...

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 2:31 AM

All replies

• I think I've narrowed down the problem to the tablet remaining active when the lid is closed. For example, if I leave one note open, close the lid (with sleep on lid closed disabled) , and open it a while later, there are a bunch of tablet input markings all over the screen. 

Does anyone know how to disable the tablet input on lid close? 

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 6:23 PM