none
Timesheets approval do not work from Timesheet view RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have faced a really weird issue recently, that makes timesheet approval process inconvenient. I just mention that we are using MSPS 2013 and Project Web Access for all steps described below.

As in Project Server 2013 workflow, our people log their time in Timesheets, once they are finished they Turned their Timesheets final. That Timesheets eventually finish on Timesheet Manager Approval Center list. Here the funny things start.

While Timesheet manager wants to approve Timesheets directly from Approvals list (by checking the box near the imesheet and then clicking on Approve button from the ribbon) all works fine. Problem is when we want to approve the same timesheet from Timesheet view (by timesheet view I mean the view opened after Timesheet manager click on Timesheet name link in Approvals list). Once clicked Approve on that view, Timesheet managers recevie a popup with error message

---------------------------
    Message from webpage
    An error occurred while communicating with the server. Check connectivity with your administrator to determine whether further action is necessary.
    OK   

This is extremely frustrating, as our Timesheets manager usualy open Timesheet view in order to check time reported details.

Do you know what might be the reason of such error and how to fix that.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Mariusz

Friday, December 19, 2014 2:00 PM