MSN AND WINDOWS VISTA RRS feed

• Question

•  

hey, Im not sure if this is the right forum to put this problem in but it relates so I think it is. If it isnt, im sorry people!

Well anyways ... to the problem lol!

I have brought a new laptop with windows vista on it and it works fine, I installed the latest msn from the website recently but it wont sign in. Once i fill my email address and password in, it comes up with an error (8100378 - i think), and says they are having problems with the contact list or something and tell me to sign in later. I know i have a contact list and I know msn messenger is not down because it works on the PC we have aswell!

Im not sure what to do because I want msn on the laptop aswell, I can go into ebuddy and that works fine aswell! The whole internet works too so its not the internet connection!

I have had a look on the help and it says change the date and time but i have done that and it still dosent work! I hve even tried other things it says on the help site for msn problems.

Has anyone else had this problem and can help?

Please reply as soon as possible Smile

Thanks x

Monday, August 27, 2007 9:00 AM

Answers

•  

Hey, I just thought i would tell you that yesterday my msn started to work on the laptop that has windows vista.

we got a new router because our old one wasnt that good, and as soon as we changed it to a vista conpatable router, it started working! i dont know if this helps but i hope it does. Take care x

Thursday, August 30, 2007 9:11 AM

All replies

• having same problem with a new acer notebook really a pain

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 4:30 PM
  •  

The laptop I have is advent not acer notebook though, but it must be windows vista that is causing the problem.

If you find a solution to the problem, please reply to me Jensyl

I have tried many things!

Not sure what to do, is there anyone that knows what to do and can help?

or even think of something i may have not tried already?

Please reply

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 5:05 PM
  •  

Hey, I just thought i would tell you that yesterday my msn started to work on the laptop that has windows vista.

we got a new router because our old one wasnt that good, and as soon as we changed it to a vista conpatable router, it started working! i dont know if this helps but i hope it does. Take care x

Thursday, August 30, 2007 9:11 AM

• Dear this comes wid the problem with ur system data and time please correct it and will  b working fine 100%.

Thanks Regards,
    Sarath.Mukundan

Sunday, May 3, 2009 6:42 PM