SharePoint 2013 Crawl complex URLs RRS feed

• Question

• Hello folks, thank you for taking a look.

I am wondering if anyone has successfully been able to crawl complex URLs in SharePoint 2013.  I have a farm where I have set up a crawl rule to include these links:

I have a content editor web part set up on the root page of SharePoint 2013 (i.e. /pages/default.aspx).  In this CEWP, I have added a few links to SharePoint content with query string variables at the end (i.e. pages/videos.aspx?vid=123456)

The crawl log shows that default.aspx is being crawled just fine, but crawler is not picking up the links in the CEWP.  

As a side note, I have set up the site to crawl all webpart content regardless of permissions:

What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance,

Phil

EDIT 03/10/2014

There seems to be some confusion so I want to be clear.  Content from my CEWP is being crawled successfully by SharePoint.  When I search for content on the CEWP, it is returned on the search results page.  The problem is that I expect the crawler to follow links on the CEWP which it is not doing.  

As mentioned above, the use case is a dynamic page in which video content is loaded based on an ID value in the query string.  

• Edited by Phillip Demro Monday, March 10, 2014 3:41 PM Clarification
    Friday, March 7, 2014 8:34 PM

All replies