I can't remove Norton? I do have the DVD! RRS feed

• Question

• I installed Vista and still have NIS.Symantec cant help, What should I do now?

What is the best way to uninstall Vista? I do have the CD.

Thanks

Ed
    Friday, October 20, 2006 2:50 AM

Answers

• HI Ed

I have had the same problem with Symantec. You will have to go in and manually remove all the files and such relating to the product. That includes going into the registry also. It is a pain, but can be done. The files as scattered all through the system and it takes some doing to do it, but can be done. Done it before under XP and works quite well.

Tom

Thursday, October 26, 2006 3:32 PM
  • I reformated XP and started all over. And now Vista works well.

And I installed OneCare.

Thanks,

Ed

Wednesday, November 1, 2006 4:56 AM

All replies

• HI Ed

I have had the same problem with Symantec. You will have to go in and manually remove all the files and such relating to the product. That includes going into the registry also. It is a pain, but can be done. The files as scattered all through the system and it takes some doing to do it, but can be done. Done it before under XP and works quite well.

Tom

Thursday, October 26, 2006 3:32 PM
  • I reformated XP and started all over. And now Vista works well.

And I installed OneCare.

Thanks,

Ed

Wednesday, November 1, 2006 4:56 AM
  • That's good to hear Ed. BTW, do you have any problems downloading files from anywhere on the Net with Vista? What I mean is, I could download but then the files are not where I selected them to be or even where the search function in Vista said they were. Just a shortcut and the files couldn't be found.

Just curious, and I hoping you don't have that problem. Have a great day.

Tom

Wednesday, November 1, 2006 1:04 PM
  • Not so far,

I did dowload Plaxo and it did not run well, Outlook stated runing slow! And it would only download 47 of my 2,100 contacts. So I removed it.

Good luck. Tom,

Ed

Wednesday, November 1, 2006 1:40 PM