none
share access Error code : 0X80004005 Unspecifed Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have some shared folder from "Windows Server 2008 R2" server. I am trying to access a share folder called "Test" (\\abc\test)  from a Windows 7 Professioanl 32 bit Edition and received the below error.

"share access Error code : 0X80004005 Unspecifed Error"

I am able to open \\abc\test from Windows XP Professional SP3 Machien.

I tried the below troubleshooting steps from Windows 7 Professional Desktop

1. nslookup 10.0.0.5

Server : test.def.com

Address : 10.0.0.6

Name : abc.def.com

2.  Mapped Network Drive \\abc\test and i am able to open.

It was working without mapping the shared folder earlier. Please let me know the solution to open \\abc\test with out mapping.

Regards,

Boopathi S 

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 11:49 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

I would like to suggest you try the following steps to see what the result is:

1.     Disable the firewall temporarily for a test.

2.     Try to disable IP v6.

How to disable IP version 6 (IPv6) or its specific components in Windows 7, in Windows Vista, in Windows Server 2008 R2, and in Windows Server 2008

3.    disabled Requiresecuritysignature on Windows 2008 under lanmanserver:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Lanmanserver\Parameters\Requiresecuritysignature registry value is set to 0,

and on Windows client under lanmanworkstation:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Lanmanworkstation\Parameters\Requiresecuritysignature registry entry is set to 0.

Alex Zhao

TechNet Community Support

Friday, December 16, 2011 5:27 AM
  • Hi,

I have the same issue but with only when accessing one computer's share, i can access all shared on other computers...

I can ping the computer i cannot access share, but that's it.

I've followed every possible solution including deleting NIC drivers, disabling IPv6, registry mods and disabling firewall etc..

Any suggestions?

Thursday, July 26, 2018 4:42 AM