Looking for recommendations for a Lync SIP provider after bad experience with Circuit ID RRS feed

• Question

• We setup a SIP trunk with Circuit ID to our Pilot Lync environment and spend weeks working with them to try and get incoming calls reliable.  It would work 80% of the time and randomly it would stop working.  For example when calling in with a cell phone it would show the call connected but it would never ring.  On our ASA firewall we would either see a incorrectly formatted request come in without the correct starting SYN packet or no connection at all.  We worked with Cisco TAC to make sure the firewall was not blocking anything.  CircuitID support said for a fee they would work with us to figure out what was going on.  It took 2 days to get a time setup and once we set a time we spent the first hour waiting as they tried to get their remote support software to work and we were waited around.  We also told them ahead of time they would not be given free access to our firewall.  They would have to work through our network guy in the session.  As soon as they could see the firewall they immediately started running commands and we had to stop them.  they got very upset and said they could not help us because we would not give them full acces to do what they want.  It wish I could have recorded the call because it was amazing how unprofessional their support has been.  I don't know if anybody has seen this issue before or have has success working with Circuit ID but I wanted to post my experience.

On that note I'm looking for a reliable SIP provider that would be provisioned quickly.  Right now its only for a 20 person pilot but could grow to be something larger.  If the setup comes with a 20 page contract we would probably look somewhere else since it would take weeks to get through legal.

Thanks

Robert

Friday, June 10, 2011 8:23 PM

All replies

•  

Interoute offer a free trial for Lync, and a 2 month trial contract I believe.

http://www.interoute.com/enterprise/voice/interoute-one

Here is the list of approved SIP trunking partners

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/lync/gg131938.aspx#tab=4

hope that helps

Tom

If a post is helpful, please take a second to hit the green arrow on the left, or mark as answer, thanks
    Tom Arbuthnot, Consultant Modality Systems
    Blog: Lync'd Up Blog Subscribe: RSS
    Twitter @tomarbuthnot
    Saturday, June 11, 2011 10:12 AM
  • I was having similar issues with ASA until we disabled sip protocol inspection on the firewall.

For better experience, pick one of the certified providers. Intelipeer for example allows you to evaluate their services for a period of time. 

Saturday, June 11, 2011 1:20 PM
  •  

Disabling SIP inspection on the ASA is a good call, I've also seen that cause issues.

Tom

If a post is helpful, please take a second to hit the green arrow on the left, or mark as answer, thanks
    Tom Arbuthnot, Consultant Modality Systems
    Blog: Lync'd Up Blog Subscribe: RSS
    Twitter @tomarbuthnot
    Saturday, June 11, 2011 4:52 PM
  • Hi!

We are AOT Telecom (Alpha Omega Telecom, Inc.) and we are Telecom Experts specializing in SIP Trunking for Dialers with No Short Duration Surcharges. We are a Master Agent for Dozens of Carriers and are Channel Partners for over 200 Domestic & International Carriers. Our founder has been servicing Telecom Clients for 14 years & our Agency is celebrating our 6th Year in business.

Some of our key offerings for US Termination are:

*Flat Rate Dialer Plans as low as .0057 with 80/20 Blend required
    *NPA/NXX Rate Decks with over 120,000 & 140,000 Exchanges Sub .01/minute
    *Off-Net Routes @ .014 for all your high cost area calls
    *Rate Decks starting as low as .001 to .0009/minute

*China Routes for Dialer @ .0235 with Dual DTMF, CLI
    *Excellent UK & Canada Dialer Rates

*For Non-Dialer SIP Trunks as low as 19.95/month for Unlimited Calls

*CNAM Dips with Flat Rate Payouts or Payouts based on Carrier. (Get paid for all *your Dialer calls that have Caller ID) No cost to set up.

*LRN Dip Service to Route to the Lowest cost route for Ported Phone Numbers

*US & International DIDs available in Most Countries

Contact us today @1-888-632-4228 (US Toll-Free)
    1-813-345-4624 (office)
    telecomdude1776 Yahoo IM & Skype IM
    jay@sipforcallcenters.com
    sipforcallcenters.com
    Thursday, December 13, 2012 4:21 PM