Nero10 Installation Error RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having trouble with Nero 10 installation while sequencing.  I have windows search and update disabled, and I keep getting this error during installation while monitoring.  I also do this at a elevated installation on an administrator profile.

"Error 1939.Service '@C:\Program Files(x86)\Nero\Update\NASvc.exe-200' (NAUpdate) could not be configured.  This could be a problem with the package or your permissions.  Verify that you have sufficient privileges to configure system services."

Thank you for any assistance in this matter.

Monday, August 2, 2010 8:33 PM

Answers

• If there are no other services that need to be captured, you can disable virtualisation of services in the Sequencer options. Alternatively you might need to edit the MSI or create a transform to prevent installation of the service.
    • Proposed as answer by znack Monday, April 11, 2011 8:08 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Tuesday, November 22, 2011 9:30 AM
    Tuesday, August 3, 2010 7:15 PM

All replies

• That looks like it's attempting to install a service that would automatically update Nero - something that you should disable when virtualising applications. Can you prevent the install by customising setup?
    Monday, August 2, 2010 9:30 PM
  • Unfortunately there is no option in the customization options to not install the updated.
    Tuesday, August 3, 2010 7:12 PM
  • If there are no other services that need to be captured, you can disable virtualisation of services in the Sequencer options. Alternatively you might need to edit the MSI or create a transform to prevent installation of the service.
    • Proposed as answer by znack Monday, April 11, 2011 8:08 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Tuesday, November 22, 2011 9:30 AM
    Tuesday, August 3, 2010 7:15 PM
  • What type of msi editors would you recommend?  Being entirely new to AppV, and sequencing only AIM, this is an entirely giant leap for me, but I'm willing to learn, lol.
    Tuesday, August 3, 2010 7:16 PM
  • InstEd is my favourite because it there is a free version: http://www.instedit.com/
    Tuesday, August 3, 2010 7:42 PM
  • I dare say the OP has moved on as this is an old thread but just incase anyone else tries this.  When you run the Nero 10 setup you can choose to do a custom install.  As part of this process you can choos to not install Nero Update which is the component that installs the problem service.  This component is only used to check for and update nero (AFAIK) so most people would want to disable that anyway.
    Saturday, April 9, 2011 1:05 AM