HP Managment Pack for Monitoring Gen8 Server installed with Esx 5.1 and 5.5 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Guys,

Small Confusion please clear me.

We have configured SCOM 2012 integration with HP DMC Agent less motioning for  GEN 8 Servers  and OS are  ESX 5.0,5.1,5.5. ILO is configure properly.In this we can see 5.0 is discovered properly. But 5.1 OS Name is not getting reflected properly. Is it normal. i am not checked Discovery yet but any one saw this before.

please find the attached screenshot.

Omkar umarani SCOM STUDENT

Monday, July 7, 2014 3:48 PM

Answers

• Hi,

It seems like that the ESXi 5.1 is discovered by SCOM, but with unknown operating system.

I would like to suggest you re-download the management pack from the official site and re-import them to check the result.

In addition, please also go through the below article for more details about HP hardware monitoring:

http://stefanroth.net/2012/11/04/scom-2012-hp-hardware-monitoring-on-vmware-esxi-servers/

Please Note: Since site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information the web.

Regards,

Yan Li

Regards, Yan Li

• Marked as answer by Onkar Umarani Tuesday, July 8, 2014 2:51 PM
    Tuesday, July 8, 2014 1:58 PM

All replies

• Hi,

It seems like that the ESXi 5.1 is discovered by SCOM, but with unknown operating system.

I would like to suggest you re-download the management pack from the official site and re-import them to check the result.

In addition, please also go through the below article for more details about HP hardware monitoring:

http://stefanroth.net/2012/11/04/scom-2012-hp-hardware-monitoring-on-vmware-esxi-servers/

Please Note: Since site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information the web.

Regards,

Yan Li

Regards, Yan Li

• Marked as answer by Onkar Umarani Tuesday, July 8, 2014 2:51 PM
    Tuesday, July 8, 2014 1:58 PM
  • Hello Yan,

Hmm i will try to check what exact discovery is defined so its easy to get why its not able to find. But thanks for your reply. Full marks to you.

Omkar umarani SCOM STUDENT

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 2:51 PM