none
Can't set up the Client Restore Service RRS feed

All replies

• hi,
    hi,
    1can you enter below command in command prompt(opened as admin) and check if the problem persist 
    sfc scannow
    dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
    dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

2 is there any dashboard.log in blew location on server essentials?
    %programdata%\Microsoft\Windows Server\Logs
    3 do you want to restore your client computer ?
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server-essentials/manage/restore-a-full-system-from-an-existing-client-computer-backup

we can use AOMEI to build a boot PE usb key to restore client computer system
    AOMEI PE Builder 2.0
    Best FREE tool to create more convenient and complete Windows PE bootable disc
    https://www.backup-utility.com/pe-builder.html

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 30, 2019 10:01 AM
  • 1. I've already tried recovering via DISM / SFC via a WinPE disk. They both come up clean. The trouble is, if I try to boot directly from the bootdrive, I get a black screen with cursor, even in Safe mode/low graphics. Oddly, the machine is working fine underneath as win+P shows me options for different screen layouts and I noticed the client machine is still backing up. I just haven't found a way to fix the display issue. Maybe I can try deleting the graphics drivers via DISM and try again.

2. Thanks for the log location. I'll look at this next time I'm near the machine.

3. Can't use https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server-essentials/manage/restore-a-full-system-from-an-existing-client-computer-backup as I can't create the USB recovery drive because of the configuration issues I have. I tried installing a clean OS but the server recovery software identifies it as a different machine and if I try to rename it won't let me use the same computername on the domain. Anyone know a way round this?

I'll check out AOMEI PE when I get the chance. It might be useful. Will I be able to use it to get the correct credentials of the client out of the server for the rest of the recovery to work?

Thursday, May 30, 2019 9:21 PM
  • hi
    thanks for your reply .
    "if I try to rename it won't let me use the same computer name on the domain. Anyone know a way round this?"
    do you try to reenable the old computer in ADUC on server essential and try to add the computer to the domain by using connector?
    Will I be able to use it to get the correct credentials of the client out of the server for the rest of the recovery to work?
    yes,you can try to do it. 

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 3, 2019 11:24 AM
  • Sadly I can't get it to work. I get

"The restore process did not succeed; Description: The restore process did not succeed because your computer cannot connect to the server. Make sure that the computer is connected to the network, and then try again."

when I use the Dashboard attempting to recover from a new Windows 10 setup with same PC domain name and login credentials. All else appears to be okay regarding access permissions to the server from my PC so I don't know.

ADUC is still enabled. In fact it still backs up if I use my 'broken - black screen of death' original drive that I've cloned.

Tuesday, June 4, 2019 2:24 PM