none
Headphones not working on windows 10 (tried everything) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Last week, my headphones were working just fine. Today, when I truly needed them, they don't seem to be recognized by my laptop's jack.

I've tried just about everything: updating the system, updating the drivers, installing and uninstalling, installing different drivers, restarting, disabling and re enabling, you name it. I've tried everything and my laptop still does not recognize any headphone, I've tried different types and no luck. They work fine in any other device.

For some reason, Realtek HD audio manager does not appear in my control panel. I tried a lot of methods to find it, but it just does not exist in my computer at all. Just the manager for my headphones, but it doesn't have the option to disable the front panel jacks that is also recommended.

I've been searching and trying different things for about three hours already and I don't know what to do anymore.

Thanks in advance.

Update:

I've also tried updating to window's update 1909, nothing.

I tried installing an older version of Realtek HD audio manager and now I can find the manager but it won't open no matter what I do.

I tried editing the registry with a Registry Editor but a part of the code does not exist in my registry.

Please, I really don't know what else to do, nothing works.

Should I just give up and never ever use headphones on my laptop again?

• Edited by RocioL Monday, December 9, 2019 11:13 AM
    Sunday, December 8, 2019 8:38 PM

All replies